Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What warms your heart the most: Chainsaw, jackhammer or bolt-gun? Who needs handguns anyway?

What warms your heart the most: Chainsaw, jackhammer or bolt-gun? Who needs handguns anyway?

Posted - May 14, 2019

Responses

Jackhammer. I retooled an old Jackhammer one time and converted it into a gas engine to be 
     power as a one cylender motor bike. 
      May 14, 2019 1:39 PM MDT

Oh yeah? Well, I re-tooled an old chainsaw, and he got elected President.   I think no one should ignore the bolt gun to undo what I have created.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 14, 2019 1:44 PM MDT
      May 14, 2019 1:42 PM MDT

Chainsaws scare me to death.  lol
    I've heard too many true stories from relatives and friends, from people who weren't paying attention when using a chainsaw.
    I am always VERY attentive when using a chainsaw.

Jackhammer?
    Used one a couple times.  Not my favorite tool - but it sure beats breaking concrete by sledgehammer or pick-and-shovel.

Never used a bolt-gun.
    Had a friend who was a "finish" carpenter.  The guy who puts down the trim, etc.
    He was not well-coordinated.  He shot a nail into somebody at least once a day.  (I never let him handle power tools around me.  lol)

May 14, 2019 1:45 PM MDT

• Noo, a bolt gun is used to stun and kill livestock. Like the thing the dude in No Country for old Men uses.
      May 14, 2019 1:53 PM MDT

THAT'S the ONE.  That is the one I'm thinking of.  That still gives me the wilies.  I don't think I can watch that movie again.  One of those bleak movies I loved, but do not want to re-visit.  
      May 14, 2019 1:58 PM MDT

• I loved it too.  Tommy Lee Jones nailed  his role.
      May 14, 2019 2:10 PM MDT

Ohhhhh ... I thought you were talking about something to put bolts in building girders.  lol
      May 14, 2019 3:05 PM MDT

Yes. About the chainsaws? Me too. I have a good story.  They are like motorcycles. I don't know anyone who has not hurt themselves beyond anything I would endure just to ride a bike without any protection.  I digress.

Here is my story.   I was in rehab it was 1983.   I was in a nice place. Very austere and just bare bones with a lot of newly recovering people with little to do but get better and stay sober while convalescing.  So, I met this very handsome man.  He was young and quiet and we struck up a conversation in the leisure room.  He told me about his drinking, his quitting and his life now.  He also told me about an accident he had that started him drinking.  It went like this.  It is short.  He was working as a lumberjack and the chainsaw jerked and hit him in the FACE.

That is why I mentioned how handsome he was.  He had no scars that were visible.  I didn't believe him until he showed me the pictures.  I cannot believe he lived.  It just missed his eye, but cut through his whole face from his forehead to his chin.  I still can see it.  

And he had no scars.  ???  WHAT KIND OF PLASTIC SURGERY DOES THAT?  I know it is true they can work miracles.  I have seen it before but without a chainsaw.  
      May 14, 2019 1:54 PM MDT

• Chainsaw.  Only practical weapon of mayhem on that list.
      May 14, 2019 1:54 PM MDT

I knew I'd draw out the true believers.  
      May 14, 2019 1:56 PM MDT

• Aight.  Light this candle
      May 14, 2019 2:05 PM MDT

• as if chainsaw isn't the only appropriate answer 
      May 14, 2019 2:10 PM MDT

Oh. THERE you are.  You are going to have to work overtime for the next 3 months to take over for Jaimie.  

Get busy. 
      May 14, 2019 2:21 PM MDT

• ive been hanging out under another name 
      May 14, 2019 2:25 PM MDT

• Were you Ondine? :P
      May 14, 2019 2:18 PM MDT

In a way. I ate her.  We are "engentrified" or whatever that word My 2 or Office Girl (are THEY the same person, you should ask yourself),  used to say we are blended and the same.  (NO I AM NOT HER)  I did talk to her on the phone once.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 14, 2019 2:23 PM MDT
      May 14, 2019 2:20 PM MDT

none of thern
      May 19, 2019 4:29 PM MDT

Bolt action guns, such as the Mosin Nagant M91/30. 

October 3, 2019 10:23 PM MDT