Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever shut anyone out of your life? If so, were you left without any other choice? ~

Have you ever shut anyone out of your life? If so, were you left without any other choice? ~

Posted - May 17, 2019

Responses

• Please don't be so sensitive, Randy. I told you I'd give you a stale strawberry donut.

But to answer your question, yes, on multiple occasions. I'm not sure there was no other choice, but it was the choice I made based on how I felt at the time.
      May 17, 2019 7:24 AM MDT

Why can’t I get the fresh strawberry donuts?  Am I not worthy, am I not good enough?  You have someone else, I’ll bet that’s the reason I only get the stale ones. Fine, you’ll never see me nor my tilde collection again. Suffer for all I care. 
    ~
      May 17, 2019 7:37 AM MDT

• Yes, there is someone else who is worthy of fresh donuts. He is half my age and doesn't ask me to dress up like a prison guard. 

You'll be the one suffering when I am awarded half of your tildes, Randy.
      May 17, 2019 7:46 AM MDT

We don't have to think of it in such harsh terms.  Simply removing our focus from them is often enough.  But if they continue to bring us down then closing the door of them may just be the only option.  Some people have no boundaries. 
      May 17, 2019 7:35 AM MDT

I have done so on many occasions. The reality is, we always have a choice. However, if someone is abusive or toxic, that choice eventually becomes whether we can still allow them to be in our lives without them creating consequences for us or whether we're willing to tolorate/ accept those consequences. 
      May 17, 2019 9:47 AM MDT

Well, it's like this. I've been shut out of someone else's life and they took everything I had. Thing is that they never told me to my face and that's a thing a coward would do. Try to never assume that I was the one that did something wrong since that's the default setting for most.
      May 17, 2019 9:52 AM MDT

Yes.  When I do, it is usually goodbye.  Not always.  

I had a friend, whom I loved and adored, that would not stop drinking FOR YEARS. I put up with it for years and he got worse and worse and I just told him not to ever call again because I do not want to watch him die.  That was several years ago and he is probably dead.  Enough is enough.  
      May 17, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

:(
      May 17, 2019 3:42 PM MDT

Yes.
    My way of dealing with a decision to cut a person out of my life is to move.

May 17, 2019 3:43 PM MDT

I can do that.  I have done that.  There is always a choice.  That was my choice.
      May 17, 2019 9:01 PM MDT

yes
      May 18, 2019 4:56 PM MDT