Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What kinds of things are attached to your refrigerator by magnets?

What kinds of things are attached to your refrigerator by magnets?

Posted - May 23, 2019

Responses

Photos, wedding invitations, engagement announcements, reminders, various magnets from Broadway shows I saw, magnets from places I've visited.  
      May 23, 2019 10:38 PM MDT

A measurement conversion chart (for cooking), a calendar, and an emergency phone number chart (the front of stainless steel fridges aren't magnetic)
      May 23, 2019 10:45 PM MDT

A beautiful mermaid, a picture of Don opening a Christmas present, a picture of our dog that passed away 8 yrs ago, a mental health calendar, a magnet of Fifinella that Walt Disney made for the WASP, a magnet of mickey mouse, a magnet of the Golden Gate Bridge, a bunch of clippy magnets holding, a list of goals for the month, a grocery list that changes every week, a credit card for Lowes, a credit card for Home Depot, a picture of Don's parents, our pool key, a Chinese delivery menu, a picture of a dolphin, and that is all I can see from my seat.  We have a busy refrigerator. It is ever changing. This post was edited by Merlin at May 24, 2019 12:58 PM MDT
      May 23, 2019 11:11 PM MDT

I enjoyed reading that.
    :)

May 24, 2019 6:27 AM MDT

Nothing.  Not one single magnet or anything else hanging from my refrigerator.  It is wonderful.  For many years the whole thing was covered.  They were precious years.....and so are these.  
      May 23, 2019 11:37 PM MDT

Mostly magnets from places we've been to:  Smoky Mountain National Park, Niagra Falls, and others.
      May 23, 2019 11:39 PM MDT

Reminders.   Usually bills that will be due or a place I need to be and will forget about.

May 24, 2019 12:33 AM MDT

Mostly family photos.....and a magnetic list  to write on....
      May 24, 2019 2:47 AM MDT

Nothing. It's visual clutter to me.
      May 24, 2019 5:17 AM MDT

I just went and looked. Various types of things, I guess.
    The most recent addition is my ticket stub to the Simple Minds concert I went to last fall.
      May 24, 2019 6:30 AM MDT

Thank you for your nice compliment on my refrigerator.  really!  That made me smile.  There are things that never change on it.  The beautiful mermaid my sister gave me that hangs in the upper left corner of the freezer, the dolphin which sits right next to the handle so he can say "Hi" to you every time you open it, and the placement of our pool key.  All of these are necessities!  Big Giggles!
    Moving on, I have said this before and will again.
    I think you should write for Billboard or Rolling Stone Magazine.  You have seen more concerts and are more familiar with the music industry than anyone I know.  From Contemporary to Classic Rock, to the new stuff out now, etc.  Really, hunney, you should look into getting a job and making money from your hobby!  What fun it would be! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at May 24, 2019 6:26 PM MDT
      May 24, 2019 8:33 AM MDT

I agree -- I think writing about music would be a blast!
    I'm very humbled by your thoughts about my music stuff I've posted! There is so much out there of which I'm unaware, though, ha!
    For example, it was just in the last several weeks I found out who sang a song I've enjoyed for 'forever.' I would only hear it by chance on the car radio over the years and never caught who sang it. And it ended up being Nirvana with Kurt Cobain! I felt sort of like an idiot -- Cobain and Nirvana are huge and I never knew the song was theirs, ha!
    I even posted a question about it on answerMug.

The song is Nirvana's "All Apologies"

Fascinating lyrics (which I only just this week looked at; possibly, I may fail to understand the meaning of the lyrics but it was the music and his voice that drew me to the song) and it's the very end of the song that I adore -- if you get four minutes, maybe give this a listen if you're unfamiliar with the song. The ending works best if you listen from the beginning - - for the last 90 seconds, they just keep repeating the same lyrics until the very last 15 seconds -- and they just drift away and mumble away to nothing - - I LOVE that!

Anyway, thanks again for your kind, exciting-to-me thoughts!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 14, 2019 5:33 PM MDT
      May 24, 2019 6:38 PM MDT

I have a magnets of places we have been: Seaworld, a rock with a brachiosaurous cut into it from when we see the Dino footprints, Grand Canyon.

And in warm weather there is a large bird bath and butterflies, in cold weather snow man pieces (coal eyes and buttons, carrot nose, a mouth and a red scarf)
      May 24, 2019 6:45 AM MDT

Can only do that on the side of our refrigerator because they don't adhere to the front.  So cards of electricians and plumbers and the  town-sponsored trash and yard waste pick-up schedule.  All else we have on the door of our dishwasher. 
      May 24, 2019 7:59 PM MDT

Nothing on the 'fridge.

What few things are held by magnets from scrapped hard-drives, on a steel meat-safe that acts as a small work-top cupboard, are medical-appointment slips and public lecture dates.

A narrow gap between the wall cupboards and the stringer that is meant to re-inforce them, is useful for holding hospital appointment letters in ready view each time I use the kettle! (Think of those order-slip holders used in cafeterias and fast-food shops.)

I do not collect souvenir magnets.
      August 14, 2019 3:37 PM MDT

Those friggin' little neodymium magnet are a bitch to get off.
      August 14, 2019 5:34 PM MDT