Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » What was there before the Big Bang accured.....All that suff out there had to come from somewhere....Right !! ??

What was there before the Big Bang accured.....All that suff out there had to come from somewhere....Right !! ??

Where on earth was all that stuff stored before it was needed ...? 

Posted - June 7, 2019

Responses

There is this guy you may have heard of, God?  He always is always was and always will be.  

June 7, 2019 2:22 PM MDT

I take you mean a Myth ...:) 
      June 7, 2019 2:30 PM MDT

Mystery and Myth : ) 
      June 7, 2019 2:32 PM MDT

It certainly wasn't on Earth. That's the one unanswered question in science.
      June 7, 2019 2:35 PM MDT

There are many unanswered questions in science. 
    The thing about gaining knowledge, you tend to find how much more you don’t know. You learn how to ask better questions. 
      June 7, 2019 4:04 PM MDT

Yep. I had a poster in my classrooms that said "Scientists don't have all the answers...we just have the best questions."
      June 7, 2019 5:17 PM MDT

Read this link because there's no way I can explain this bulls**t on my own and I'm usually in agreement with all things that require physical evidence. That is what science requires after all.

https://www.livescience.com/65254-what-happened-before-big-big.html

This post was edited by Zack at June 7, 2019 5:46 PM MDT
      June 7, 2019 2:42 PM MDT

Anyone with an imagination could have written that...even me. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****. No numbers, no science.
      June 7, 2019 2:57 PM MDT

That is why I'm on the fence about this issue.
      June 7, 2019 3:09 PM MDT

We will never ever know ,if it came from somewhere  ,so what was there before.....:( 
      June 7, 2019 6:07 PM MDT

It is possible we may never know for sure. How do you prove nothingness? 

The entire Big Bang premise is the result of hypotheses based on the ”facts at hand“. It is the best answer we have, but we haven’t yet attained all the facts, and there’s no guarantee we ever will.  
    God is no answer, only a different ignorance. 
      June 7, 2019 3:55 PM MDT

Possibly from the dust bunnies under someone's bed.
      June 7, 2019 4:00 PM MDT

That mite be very true actually.   :) D
      June 7, 2019 5:43 PM MDT

It's as good an explanation as any. :)
      June 7, 2019 9:35 PM MDT

Not necessarily.  The "big bang" suggests that everything came from nothing.  God said that He made everything from nothing.  Maybe He's not a myth.
      June 7, 2019 4:18 PM MDT

God is a man made invention and just a few thousand years old since some clever dick thought him up...
    Funny that no animals,fish,birds or bugs choose to worships invisible idols ....makes me wonder if it's only humans that are capable of such stupidity ...:(
      June 7, 2019 5:41 PM MDT

As far as I know, no one knows, especially not scientists.

But I have a theory that, before physical and kinetic energy as we know it came into existence, an equal mass of dark matter existed on the other side of a black hole. When the density got too great, it exploded into the universe we know.

There is a logical or common sense assumption that all things must have an origin.

But I think it possible that energy might actually always be infinite - no beginning and no end - just endless variations in speed, rate and forms of change or transformation.
      June 7, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

Everything we know of has a life span....so why not the whole universe as well......Where did it first come from and where will it all go to if it ever cecesses to exist..We will never know I know .....the say the universe is expanding ,but where can it expand in to if there is and end to it out there somewhere....:( 
      June 7, 2019 9:47 PM MDT

True - everything we know of does have a beginning middle and end. But that doesn't necessarily logically extrapolate to what we don't yet know. We could surmise but can never prove that all things arise and pass away.
    We do have plenty of proof that what works at the everyday levels of Newtonian physics changes totally at the levels of quantum and astrophysics.
    Whose to say there aren't more levels of physics beyond those?
    We don't know what it is that we don't know.
      June 8, 2019 2:08 AM MDT

Given the age of the universe .....there must be billions of more intelligent life forms out there...
    Look how quickly the human race has developed over the last 100 years alone....I would say it's only wars that brought on new technology so fast.....
    We are at the begining of a whole way of living .....we need free polution free safe energy and to stop polluting the world if we are succeed and find other planets to invade and plunder.....:(
      June 8, 2019 3:19 AM MDT

It all came from a point of zero dimension to form a new universe. 

Big bounce theory: during the infinity of time the universe recycles itself 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/big_bounce

This post was edited by Kittigate at June 8, 2019 7:15 AM MDT
      June 7, 2019 10:58 PM MDT