Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you very experienced at having once-in-a-lifetime experiences?

Are you very experienced at having once-in-a-lifetime experiences?

Posted - June 13, 2019

Responses

Yes.  I can say 52 years + a couple weeks and days worth of experience on this topic.
    Every minute and second is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 14, 2019 1:12 AM MDT
      June 13, 2019 11:41 PM MDT

Ok but I mean something like winning a lottery jackpot, a trip to Trustan du Cunha, finding a jar of rare coins while digging in your garden or an amazing coincidence of some sort...
      June 14, 2019 1:00 AM MDT

What are some of your peak experiences, Kittigate?
      June 14, 2019 1:03 AM MDT

In reply to your response below... This post was edited by Kittigate at June 14, 2019 1:51 AM MDT
      June 14, 2019 1:29 AM MDT

Oh yeah.  That.  Sure. I found God.  Beat that one.  And He is still here talking to me.
      June 14, 2019 1:13 AM MDT

Some people say they found God in what they do not know ('there must be a God because...') some say they found God because of what they DO know. Can you explain how that works? 
      June 14, 2019 10:40 AM MDT

Simple---God is both clever and relentless.   ....But the final choice is always yours.
      June 14, 2019 12:32 PM MDT

Possibly yes.
    Many come quickly to mind - going back as far as my earliest memories -
    and I'm still open to new experiences.
    I was thinking of the really stand out experiences - like imprinting a foal at birth - or Fungi Porcini con Pomodoro at a 5-star restaurant in Florence - or snorkelling on a coral reef in Figi.
    But Merlin is right - if one is paying full attention, no two moments are alike.

This post was edited by inky at June 14, 2019 11:19 AM MDT
      June 13, 2019 11:53 PM MDT

That's good stuff. One of mine was going to dentist to see about abscesses in my mouth so he made appointment to come back next day for treatment. Next morning the abscesses had totally vanished. Mom said to keep my appointment anyway.  Dentist checked my mouth 3 times,  he couldn't believe the abscesses could just disappear but that's what happened.
    I'very had a few other 'miraculous' sort of experiences as well. Once in a lifetime.

Other experiences..  about 3 1/2 years ago I started having chest pain one night I knew was not heart attack and saw my doc next day,  he sent me to clinic for tests then later I met my friend Mimi who insisted I go to emergency  "you must take chest pain seriously" she said. MRI scan found nothing to indicate cause of pain but revealed something that turned out to be 1st stage lung cancer.  Removed by surgery and no recurrence. Never found cause of chest pain but doc said could been muscle cramp. This post was edited by Kittigate at June 14, 2019 11:21 AM MDT
      June 14, 2019 1:09 AM MDT

Few more too but i'll add tomorrow.  Getting tired, bedtime. 
      June 14, 2019 1:31 AM MDT

Why does it have to be exotic?  

I walked into a sales room where the top sales people in Phoenix were sitting in a room of about 200 people.  I sold more than any of them in the first two weeks they employed me and I told them the day they hired me that I would do that.

I passed a class in college that 99 percent of everyone failed after taking it for 16 weeks.  I took the class and passed it in 8.  

I left work one night out of the blue and told my boss I quit.  I walked out and drove 100 miles in the dead of night to Sedona, Arizona and parked my car and saw a gigantic space ship   (that was pretty exotic) I'll find it for you.... it is on youtube and other people obviously have seen it too; thus the video.  But the thing is, no matter if you believe me, I LEFT WORK FOR NO REASON AND DROVE TO SEDONA AND SAW THIS OUT OF THE FREAKING BLUE.

I had breakfast, lunch and dinner several times at the Almond Tree restaurant in Jamaica, Ochos Rios, where a giant almond tree grows in the middle of the restaurant and goes on for three stories.  (that's kind of exotic) 

I was in Barnes & Nobel in 1999 one night and I was so depressed and down I cried in my head to God, IF YOU ARE HERE SHOW ME. I CANNOT TAKE ANOTHER DAY OF THIS.

And I went to the bookshelf and closed my eyes and picked a book.  It was Sai Baba Man of Miracles.  

My life changed from that night.  Miracles that no one could possibly ever explain happened from that moment.  

Baba says "take one step towards me and I'll take ten towards you" and He did.  

That is the most exotic thing that could EVER happen to anyone. 
      June 14, 2019 1:22 AM MDT

Yes.. that's pretty good.
      June 14, 2019 1:27 AM MDT

Wait.  YOU DID NOT SEE THE FILM.  I SAW THIS.

I went there to SEDONA. The one night (I HAD NO IDEA) when this thing appeared.  And 700 other people saw this including police.  No one knows what it was.  IT made NO noise.  

And why was I compelled to DRIVE to a dangerous place in the middle of the night for no reason?  I had to do it.  Sounds like the X Files but it happened  to me. I WIN. I WIN THIS CONTEST.

' This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 14, 2019 11:26 AM MDT
      June 14, 2019 1:32 AM MDT

Sure, that's happened to me once or twice, here and there, every now and then, lots of times. Why do you ask?

~

June 15, 2019 12:45 AM MDT

I asked because was just something that came to mind to make a question. This post was edited by Kittigate at June 15, 2019 10:19 AM MDT
      June 15, 2019 1:59 AM MDT

(I was just joking.)
      ~
      June 15, 2019 5:27 AM MDT