Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » It must be very frustrating to care about things others don't. How do you get their attention and support?

It must be very frustrating to care about things others don't. How do you get their attention and support?

Posted - September 3, 2016

Responses

• Mmm. I had that experience in the past too - and learned from it. Feels like such a liberation coming out on the other side.

September 9, 2016 7:31 PM MDT

((hugs)) So you totally understand what being smothered by someone is like. I'm glad we both came through it and hooked up with guys who are not threatened or so needy that they have to consume all our time to feel secure. Thank you for your thoughtful reply PeaPod. We both dodged bullets. I wonder how many others have been that lucky?

September 10, 2016 4:02 AM MDT

you probably dont

September 11, 2016 8:57 PM MDT

It sure does.  I cannot envision taking that crap today.

September 11, 2016 9:07 PM MDT

I feel lucky now, but honestly, I wasted a lot of my young years with the wrong one(s).  

Better late than never though.

September 11, 2016 9:09 PM MDT

You and me both  m'dear. Some never get through it and out of it and leave it behind though   as we have. I don't know what the details of  your relationships were.  I only really regret one. A couple weren't  that bad. But with Jim I can see what I missed all those years though to be honest with you when I was younger I might not have appreciated him.  I agree. Better late than never. If I had to chose I'd chose what I have now. Being with the right one as we go into the twilight of our lives. Thank you for your reply PeaPod and Happy Monday! :)

September 12, 2016 1:39 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Monday! :)

September 12, 2016 1:40 AM MDT