Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » How much time do you give yourself (or did you) between your alarm going off in the morning, and leaving your home for work?

How much time do you give yourself (or did you) between your alarm going off in the morning, and leaving your home for work?

I give myself 2 hours, 

30 mins: coffee and wake up

1 hour: shower and get ready 

30 mins: relax before leave 

Posted - June 20, 2019

Responses

• You make Don coffee in bed everyday?? Lucky guy ;)
      June 22, 2019 5:04 AM MDT

Hi Jaimie~ :)  Yes I do... let's not forget the chocolate to boot!  Spoiled, he is.  Flat Out Spoiled!
    However
    He spoils me, too.  Not in fine dresses or an extravagant lifestyle, quite opposite to be exact, but in the way he knows best.  He tries really hard and for that I give him grand kudos. :) :).
    Someday I hope he/we finally get to live in a house we build together, on the beach, in the sun, with our animals and have more than enough of everything so there is never a worry about tomorrow.  This way we could share our wealth with our family and friends and they too could be comfortable.
    I must still be sleeping and dreaming.  ....  
    What time did you set the alarm??
    Big Smiles and warm hugs, Jaimie.  :) :)
      Great Question
      September 16, 2019 9:52 AM MDT

I never use an alarm. Never did.  I found that I woke up anyway because I'm too worried about being late for work.  

From the time I get out of bed to the time I go to work is several hours.  I cannot HANDLE having to wake up and go anywhere.  I'll do it, but odds are I am going to try and find a way to get out of that schedule as soon as the opportunity arises.
      June 20, 2019 11:47 PM MDT

• I probably don’t need an alarm either, I usually wake up about 10 minutes before it goes off. I like the extra assurance though. I’m opposite of you in when like start work time. Indeed rather start as early in the morning as possible to get it over with :)
      June 22, 2019 5:06 AM MDT

15 minutes.

Though my alarm is my "last minute" warning.
    I usually wake up 45 minutes before it goes off, and get up then.
    Before the alarm; I have "extra" time to shower, get dressed, and grab a bite on the way to work.
    If I don't get up before the alarm, I just barely have time to get dressed and to work.
      June 21, 2019 7:36 AM MDT

• Wow, you’ve figured out how to get “bonus” time. :)
      June 22, 2019 5:07 AM MDT

if its after 11am when I have to get up, I give myself 3 hours, half hour laying in bed thinkin‘ bout s**t, half hour eating and reading and/or watching YouTube subscriptions, hour for shower, half hour getting dressed and applying various skin and hair products, and I will usually need a half hour to get where I’m going.

If it‘s Before 11, I have to do all that crap before bed.

btw where you been!? I feel like I haven’t seen you in a while
      June 21, 2019 11:29 AM MDT

• Just life has gotten busier lately. I’ve been around,  but not as often. You’re right though,  I haven’t seen you on in FOREVER. Please adjust your schedule  so you‘re online when I am. 

Also, what are you doing in the shower for an hour and what’s with all the creams and hair products??? ;) 

June 22, 2019 5:08 AM MDT

Now I‘m the one who’s been gone forever and I do not remember this conversation, but an hour in the shower definitely sounds like me. I just use lotion to prevent dry skin and I used to use acne cream but I’m all grown up and finally done with puberty at age 29 so I’m just down to lotion and a little tan foundation to make my Rosie cheeks less so
      September 15, 2019 8:46 PM MDT

• lol, I don’t remember this convo either, but good to see you back.    
      September 15, 2019 9:04 PM MDT