Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What's the most dangerous thing you've done while driving? (Hmmm. I'm wondering if I should have asked this in adultMug.)

What's the most dangerous thing you've done while driving? (Hmmm. I'm wondering if I should have asked this in adultMug.)

Posted - June 26, 2019

Responses

I am an alcoholic.  I stopped drinking decades ago.  I never drove. The day I got behind the wheel and drove drunk was the day I went back to AA and  never drove drunk again.  EVER.  That was the most dangerous thing I did.  And I thank God I didn't kill anyone.  I was drunk.

OH GOD. Here I go again, being the DOWNER.  LOL  What can I say?  It's the truth.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 26, 2019 2:58 PM MDT
      June 26, 2019 12:25 PM MDT

• Hey.  You're not a downer.  I find your story very uplifting.  Alcoholism is a powerful "ism".  You face a daily struggle, you never give up, and you continually win.  I think its inspiring.  
      June 26, 2019 12:34 PM MDT

Anyone who has fun drinking is having fun.  I stopped having fun years before I could finally stop.  

I do things to my body that other people cannot tolerate.  I am not  a miserable hypocrite.  I know it does not work for me and makes me sick and I know why.  I also know I eat THC and CBD and most people should not touch that.  It's all about the nerves and stress.

That is why your pictures and takes on NON - Stress are very important and very welcome.  
      June 26, 2019 12:52 PM MDT

• one time my husband and i drive to the pizza store but he wasnt wearing his glasses so he had me steer from the passenger seat while he pushed the pedals. it was pretty fun. also i didnt know how to drive at the time so i channeled my Mario kart wii skills 
      June 26, 2019 12:44 PM MDT

Driving whilst intoxicated...more than once. I no longer do that.
      June 26, 2019 2:59 PM MDT

Back when I was on anti-depressants for too long (over 2 years), I tried to cross a causeway during a flood.
    I was a community aged-care worker trying to reach my 90-year-old client who lived in a remote area which required a 2-hour-long dirt road over 5 causeways. I was extremely worried about her welfare as she was cut off by the floods.

I got my wheels six inches into the torrent and felt the front of the Honda Civic slightly lift.
    I backed out and parked further back on the side of the road.
    Then I tried to cross on foot.
    I got in at far as my knees, holding on the branch of a fallen tree.
    A surge of water knocked me off my feet.
    If it hadn't been for the branch I would have been dashed against the rocks in the rapids downstream.
    I clambered out, drenched, shoes squelching, and rang the office.
    I got sacked for my stupidity.

Numerous accidents later (not due to driving - broken bones falling off bucking horse)
    I discovered that being too long on an SSRI removes fear. It's called SSRI Syndrome.
    At the time, I literally did not recognise the level of risk.

My client, Mary, turned out to be just fine. 
    Having lived on the old dairy farm all her life, she kept a well-stocked pantry for just such situations.
      June 26, 2019 3:13 PM MDT

Thanks for the pick. :)
    It seems I get lucky with you -
    but then, you do ask great questions. :)

July 1, 2019 3:30 PM MDT

Did a lot of driving when I was drunk. I remember coming out of a blackout one time,  had the pedal to the metal thinking I was flying I guess. Four DUI charges and one accident but nobody hurt.
    Very irriponsible I was.
      June 27, 2019 2:03 AM MDT

I love honesty.
    Glad you survived.
      July 1, 2019 3:31 PM MDT

Nothing that I can consider wild.....as yet!
      July 8, 2019 11:36 AM MDT