Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you quick to reveal your real name, pics of yourself, where you live, and your own personal truths, when you first meet someone online?

Are you quick to reveal your real name, pics of yourself, where you live, and your own personal truths, when you first meet someone online?

Posted - June 29, 2019

Responses

Oh yeah. I am the Answer Mug Village Idiot.

I'm not nuts.  Let's just say that.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 29, 2019 11:39 AM MDT
      June 29, 2019 11:19 AM MDT

• LOL!  Just own it!  We wouldn't have you any other way.
      June 29, 2019 11:39 AM MDT

Why thank you. I would not have you any other way either.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 29, 2019 11:53 AM MDT
      June 29, 2019 11:45 AM MDT

• In general, no, but I don't mind revealing much of that here because it's a small site and I've been here so long it's not a big deal to me anymore. 
      June 29, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

• Revealing little details about yourself here at this small site may not be a big deal to you, but having you here at the Mug is an important detail and a very big deal to all of us.  answerMug is better because of your presence.  And just between you and me, you've always seemed like one of the sane ones.  LOL!  (of course one can ever be too sure) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 29, 2019 11:53 AM MDT
      June 29, 2019 11:36 AM MDT

I have posted pics of myself, as in my avatar and on a few questions here, I have revealed the town I live in as well, but that's as far as I will go, no real names and no real specifics as to where in my town I live..
    If by the very slim chance I ever run into someone who recognizes me from my avatar, so be it..however I doubt anyone will search me out with what little I have revealed..
      June 29, 2019 11:28 AM MDT

• We are currently running the the few details you've given us through our vast database, processing it, and we will be knocking on your door soon.  LOL!
      June 29, 2019 11:30 AM MDT

Haha...can you bring a coffee..
      June 29, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

• JA wouldn't have it any other way.
      June 29, 2019 11:36 AM MDT

Not unless we are getting married.
      June 29, 2019 11:50 AM MDT

• Wow.  That's a high bar.  I suppose since we aren't registered anywhere for gifts, that means you shall remain mostly a mystery.  LOL!  Mysteries are always intriguing to people.
      June 29, 2019 11:57 AM MDT

• Sure.

I'm an open book .

June 29, 2019 12:11 PM MDT

Hey, I know you!  Er, um, I mean I've known you!  (Oh, never mind, you know what I mean.)

~
      June 29, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

• Small world - You know what I mean  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 1, 2019 1:09 PM MDT
      June 30, 2019 4:46 AM MDT

yep - straight up with the first words of introduction

Am not interested in relationships that are not real.
    I use my ******** barometer to detect the probability of the other person's sincerity.
    I can make mistakes but mostly my intuition proves pretty accurate.

This post was edited by my2cents at July 1, 2019 1:09 PM MDT
      June 29, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

not even close
      June 29, 2019 4:35 PM MDT

Nope. 

~
      June 29, 2019 7:48 PM MDT

My name is Manna Hart, born London UK 2.7.1956, raised Whale Beach, Sydney, Australia.
    Parents atheists and bohemians, both now dead of old age and complications of alcoholism.
    Father: journalist, novelist, architect, builder, inventer.
    Mother: heiress and housewife.
    sister, estranged

I'm married to Ari Ehrlich, much involved with helping in various green campaigns trying to save the planet. Plays flute, excellent singer.

I've been a sculptor, part-time art teacher at all levels, Arabian horse breeder and trainer, aged care worker, and back when I was a student had loads of casual part-time jobs.

These days I mostly write and research.

Ari and I live in a small shack on 64 acres of hilly land near Tyalgum in the Tweed Valley, far north NSW, Australia.

Anything else you want to know, I'm willing to answer most questions.
    There's two or three that I wouldn't answer.

Anytime you wish to offer similar info, I'd be happy to hear it. Same with any mugger.

As you might have guessed, Australia is an easy place in which to trust most strangers -
    though of course one exercises common sense about how far to trust and with what.
    The cities are areas for greater caution, some areas much more so than others.

I don't think it likely that any Mugger would jump on a plane to come to visit me -
    but if they did, I'd probably give most a warm welcome
    and ask if they'd like to stay a night or two in the den at the back of the garage -
    a bit primitive, but much cheaper than a hotel.

This post was edited by inky at June 29, 2019 11:31 PM MDT
      June 29, 2019 9:17 PM MDT

***Over intercom*** "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our nonstop service from Los Angeles, California USA to Sydney, Australia . . . "

(((I'm jes' sayin'.)))

~
      June 29, 2019 10:21 PM MDT

You would be welcome, Randy.
    Even though you wouldn't like our atheism and liberal/green politics, and might not like our vegetarianism,
    Ari and I would treat you to delicious food, including sandwiches,
    and take you sightseeing in the area.
    Its nature and wilderness is spectacularly beautiful.
    There's plenty of good culture - music, poetry, arts. etc.
    Or if you like sport you'd find our football pretty tame. This post was edited by inky at July 1, 2019 1:11 PM MDT
      June 29, 2019 10:44 PM MDT

I've been to both Perth and Fremantle twice each.
    ~
      June 29, 2019 11:32 PM MDT

Was it as an armed services man?

How did you enjoy your time there?

What were your impressions?
      June 30, 2019 12:50 AM MDT

Yes, I was on active duty in the US Marine Corps, my unit was aboard US Navy ships on Western Pacific Deployments two consecutive years in a row.  We landed in places such as mainland Japan, Okinawa,  South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Diego Garcia, The Philippines, Thailand, etc. I enjoyed Australia very much, the people, the weather, the sights, etc. I have only good things to say about your country, it was a great experience over all. 
    :)
      June 30, 2019 1:04 AM MDT

The only site that has my real name is Facebook and I only friend people I know personally. 
    I do not believe I have told anything more than what state I live in....as it pertained to the question.
      June 30, 2019 7:53 AM MDT