Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Place your hands or feet in cold water makes you wanna pee. What other interesting ways is the human body interconnected?

Place your hands or feet in cold water makes you wanna pee. What other interesting ways is the human body interconnected?

I run cold water on my hands at bedtime as an aid to drain my water tank so helps me sleep without having to get up during the night. 

Posted - June 29, 2019

Responses

When I feel the warmth of water or a hand on the arch of my foot, I feel the same temperature in my lower lips - very pleasurable.
      June 29, 2019 11:41 PM MDT

Interesting.
      June 29, 2019 11:43 PM MDT

I was born and raised in a place with very cold climate.  We have a belief that to stave off cold feet, cover your head, and to stave off a cold head, cover your feet.

Sometimes (or often), the mere sight or smell of delicious food makes our mouths water. What actually happens is that the saliva glands excrete in anticipation of their role in chewing, swallowing and digestion.  Taste buds on the tongue also spring into action. 

Sights and smells can also trigger memories in our brains.

Hunger pangs, sensations of fullness, fatigue, pain, illness, pleasure, euphoria, urges to relieve oneself are all transmitted from their associated body parts and organs to the brain.  Think of the stomach growling.

Sometimes, just prior to vomiting, we know it's going to happen.

When threatened, frightened or attacked, we have a fight-or-flight response.

During bouts of hypothermia, some bodily functions shut down so that others can maintain life support. 

Various body parts react in specific ways to sensual and/or sexual stimuli.

~

June 30, 2019 3:02 AM MDT