Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » History » Way back flashback! What do you remember about the 80's? Did you want your MTV? Was it "radical" and "totally tubular"?

Way back flashback! What do you remember about the 80's? Did you want your MTV? Was it "radical" and "totally tubular"?

Posted - July 3, 2019

Responses

Oh wow. Totally gnarley!
      July 3, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

Forgive me, please, for posting yet another music video.
    :)

This song would be in my top ten list of great songs from the decade.
    I really like Aimee Mann (which I also already said elsewhere  in another one of my answers to one of your questions, ha!) and Til Tuesday, too.

If you've not seen the video - - a hot guy is in it, ha! [the actor portrays an a** but he's still hot] - - and the last scene in the crowded theater -- priceless to me.

"Voices Carry"   Til Tuesday

EDIT: having trouble getting it to post

EDIT 2:
      Darn, I sear I posted this video several times on the site over the past week. now it won't post. Here's a link to the youtube video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uejh-bHa4To This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 3, 2019 11:47 AM MDT
      July 3, 2019 11:43 AM MDT

• I've about decided that if Aimee Mann and Howard Jones ever worked together, your eyes would roll back in your head and you would slip into a vegetative state.  A happy one though.
      July 3, 2019 11:45 AM MDT

OMG - - you NAILED that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent!
    You know me well.
      July 3, 2019 11:48 AM MDT

And what I said to Sharonna/Trump-Master in my reply - - I could say the same to you I believe. As friends, not stepping in on Jon.) - -

'I swear, if we met in person, we'd be linked hand-in-hand and soul-to-soul."
      July 3, 2019 11:54 AM MDT

I thought that was a video of me at first.  

LIKE that.  I just wanted to have FUN and deny that I was  30.  Thirty didn't seem any different than 20.  I wasted that whole decade as well.  
    But I finally got sober and never looked back.  
      July 3, 2019 11:44 AM MDT

I swear, if we met in person, we'd be linked hand-in-hand and soul-to-soul.
      July 3, 2019 11:49 AM MDT

I can honestly say I have never seen one episode of MTV.
      July 3, 2019 12:07 PM MDT