Discussion » Statements » Eat it raw and soak your nuts!

Eat it raw and soak your nuts!

Enzyme Nutrition. Starting in the 1930’s Dr. Edward Howell conducted 55 years of scientific research on humans on the subject of raw foods and enzyme depletion caused by eating cooked food over a lifetime. His groundbreaking studies revealed that enzymes are the catalysts for all biological processes and that life cannot exist without them. He also discovered that while raw, living foods are teaming with enzymes that cooking completely destroys them due to their sensitivity to heat. Enzymes within any given food make the digestion of that food possible. Eating cooked food not only denatures the food but also forces the body to steal metabolic enzymes in an attempt to digest the enzyme depleted food.  Dr. Howell was able to make a direct correlation between eating enzyme depleted cooked food and the onset of chronic degenerative disease in humans. Dr. Howell’s conclusion – many if not all, degenerative diseases that humans suffer and die from are caused by the excessive use of enzyme-deficient cooked and processed foods.

Posted - July 3, 2019

Responses

That's the actual title of a book?
    And here I was giving you credit for the fun wording of your question!
    :)

Back to my cold raw prunes, then!

July 3, 2019 1:26 PM MDT

I HAVE this book.  

July 3, 2019 1:47 PM MDT

It sounds, literally, food for thought.
      July 3, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

July 3, 2019 1:51 PM MDT

• I had to go against my nature, and resist posting a slutty but charming response and instead take a breath and think to myself..."this warrants some looking into"  I'm gonna check this out.  Great post name though.
      July 3, 2019 1:28 PM MDT

I sort of was thinking along the same lines. Bu you expressed WAY better than I ever would have.
      July 3, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

You inspired me.  
      July 3, 2019 1:48 PM MDT

I favour about fifty-fifty raw to cooked.
    Salads and fresh fruit give us the enzymes, the wider the variety the healthier.
    Cooked foods make it easier to absorb both the energy and the nutrients.

https://www2.ca.uky.edu/hes/fcs/factshts/FN-SSB.006.PDF
      July 3, 2019 5:36 PM MDT