Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are some common misconceptions about anything?

What are some common misconceptions about anything?

I'll start: All women are afraid of crawly things.

Posted - July 7, 2019

Responses

The butler must have done it.

~
      July 7, 2019 2:12 PM MDT

Anything goes.
      July 7, 2019 2:18 PM MDT

• There are no misconceptions, only misbehavior.
      July 7, 2019 2:44 PM MDT

Ooh...I like misbehaving
      July 7, 2019 2:46 PM MDT

That Lizzie Borden undoubtedly killed her father and stepmother on August 4, 1892 in Fall River Massachusetts, USA

-- with good reason, she was acquitted in a trial
     -- granted, she may have committed the crime but there was also evidence to support her not committing the crime

-- "Lizzie Borden took an ax, gave her mother 40 whacks; when she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41" -- there weren't nearly that many whacks involved -- and. like I already said, Abby was her stepmother

:)

July 7, 2019 4:10 PM MDT

And now, I'M the one confused about part of my answer -- that rhyme - - is it "father" or "mother" that comes first.
    In the actual event, Abby was killed first. I can't remember the rhyme now for sure.
      July 7, 2019 6:19 PM MDT

Austrians are like Germans - really

Now the women have the same parts, however the owners are quite different.  Verifiable fact, can personally attest.  Just saying
      July 7, 2019 8:41 PM MDT

Please go on...
      July 11, 2019 5:59 PM MDT

Austria and Germany share a common language for the most part.  That is where a lot of similarities end.  Austria is a wine culture, Germany a Beer Culture.  Food in Austria oriented towards a wine culture, Germany oriented towards a Beer Culture. 

Politics, Merkl never would get elected here.  She did give rise to the FPO getting 49% of the vote, up from 7%.

Austrians are referred to as Ossies in Deutschland, we refer to them as Pfikes.  Both are insulting terms and we tend to look down on each others culture.  Biggest lies ever told Hitler was German, Beethoven was Austrian.  We keep Bavaria as a buffer between the two cultures.

Now if you look at a group of women they all have the same parts, da "girl bits", element99 you agree?  Are they all the same, no I do not think so
      July 12, 2019 10:03 AM MDT

Element here are few other morsels.  High French Cuisine is primarily Hapsburg Imperial Court cuisine.  This is also why Maria Theresas daughter married into the French Royalty.  You have heard of Marie Antoinette?

Croissants invented after the 1684 siege of Vienna by the Turks.  The pastry was invented when butter, flour became available again.  The Crescent was the symbol of the Muslim Turks.  The Croissant was invented to mock the Muslim Turks by eating a crescent.

French Bread, the Baguette would not exist if not for Kaiser Fran Joseph. He invented the misting oven which gives the bread its' crust.  The recipe is old Austrian BTW, which is actually Roman.  The loaves are almost identical in France and Austria.  All Hapsburg nobility were required to learn a Trade BTW.  Kaiser Fran was trained as an Engineer

The list goes on and on.  Now I will grant you the French did improve on a number of the recipes.  Now did you know the French, aka the Franks, were a Germanic Tribe who invaded France in the Great migrations 300-600 Ad or so.  They assimilated  part of the Latin Language and culture and formed a dubious alliance with Rome.  also the Burgeons were Hapsburg until Charles the Bold screwed things up This post was edited by Archerchef at July 12, 2019 10:19 AM MDT
      July 12, 2019 10:16 AM MDT

That anything actually means any thing.
      July 12, 2019 10:06 AM MDT