Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Cookery Crockery! What is your preferred kitchen cookware for food preparation? Copper, Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, Tempered Glass? Why?

Cookery Crockery! What is your preferred kitchen cookware for food preparation? Copper, Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, Tempered Glass? Why?

Posted - July 8, 2019

Responses

Those handlers make it all good and preferred.
    :)
      July 8, 2019 4:49 PM MDT

• LOL! 
    They got moves alright, and its all about the presentation they say.
    (although I'm doubtful "that" is what they meant)
      July 8, 2019 6:22 PM MDT

For somethings, only cast iron will do.  Not the new bumpy surface but the old smooth cast iron. For everything else I have an amazing set of cookware I love. 
      July 8, 2019 4:57 PM MDT

I have different types for different things I cook.
      July 8, 2019 5:08 PM MDT

Stainless steel with heavy bottoms and tempered glass lids for most things because nothing toxic can get into the food, lasts a lifetime, heavy base spreads and holds even heat, and clear lids allow easy checking.
    Heavy stainless steel oven baking pans.
    Mild steel for the wok and cast iron for one fry pan. Wash with water only, dry and season with oil. Let it develop a blackened patina of age. Works brilliantly for Asian flavours, onions and mushrooms.
    One omelette/pancake pan, ultra-shallow, ceramic non-stick. Makes omelettes and pancakes easy to serve.
    Earthenware Römertoff for slow oven-cooked stews.
    Silicon moulds for breads, crêmes, tarts, quiches.
    Stainless steel black-painted tiffin pots for the solar cooker.
      July 8, 2019 6:11 PM MDT

I only fry things but I always use  a cast iron fry pan for 2 reasons. #1 - they cook the food evenly. #2 - They are safer then other cookware because if someone breaks in well your cooking and you smack them with a cast iron frying pan they probably won't be staying for supper. Once my buddies gal snuck up behind him and whacked him  in the back of the head with an aluminum fry pan so hard that the handle snapped off.  He wobbled around for a bit but I bet he was glad his gal only had cheep aluminum cookware.  Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 8, 2019 7:01 PM MDT
      July 8, 2019 6:55 PM MDT

As long as it doesn't make sparks or melt in the microwave, it's fine.
      July 8, 2019 8:43 PM MDT