Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » If I stood on my head to undo the effects of an over-serious mind would you like me better?

If I stood on my head to undo the effects of an over-serious mind would you like me better?

Posted - July 14, 2019

Responses

I would like you no matter what you did. Silliness can be cathartic, though. If I come here and have had a bad day, a bit of silliness and chuckles (with some Pink Floyd) picks me up. Chillin' time.
      July 14, 2019 7:30 PM MDT

Thank you.
    I must admit, I think it will take me a fair bit of practice and a lot of falling on my head to learn to be silly in a way others can enjoy.

I remember, way back at boarding school, discovering that nobody liked a goodie-goodie.
    So I worked hard at being naughty.
    The problem was I didn't know one wasn't supposed to get caught.
    I got awfully good at getting others out of trouble by accepting the blame
    and saying things like,
    "I'm sorry, Miss Carlton. It was my fault. I started it. And I'm afraid we just got carried away with high spirits."
    I'd get a hurrumph and a week's worth of extra chores.
    The others would get let off.
      July 14, 2019 7:43 PM MDT

Don't force it...just let it happen. Groovy, baby. LOLOLOL
      July 14, 2019 7:49 PM MDT

I like you quite well.
    :)

But my handstands/head stands aren't so good at the moment. But I got that Silly/Goofy Part down pretty well - - - I don't even stand normally so well

Image result for man hand stand gif This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 15, 2019 6:05 AM MDT
      July 14, 2019 7:47 PM MDT

Ditto the liking. :)

I don't know how to post video clips, but you might like this...
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwqki
      July 14, 2019 8:13 PM MDT

I doubt I could like you (and your mind) even one iota more than I already do. You're tops in my book!

~
      July 14, 2019 9:03 PM MDT

I like you just fine the way you are. You are unique and have lots of good thoughts.  

I hope you are enjoying the heck out of this site and answering questions.  You seem to do it with gusto.  That is all that matters.  And, again, you are filled with good knowledge about many subjects.
      July 15, 2019 12:53 AM MDT

• Does this work both ways?  I'm wondering if I come away from a period of head standing actually taking things seriously...
      July 15, 2019 6:05 AM MDT