Active Now

Randy D
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Music » Music question: Can you post a song written about someone famous?

Music question: Can you post a song written about someone famous?

Posted - July 26, 2019

Responses

Of course it is good to see you.  I hope I have not missed any pm/s.  It is not my intent.  I have a roster on my site that is confusing and I think I have answered everyone's messages.

Ok.  That said:  This book was so weird. I mean it was EXCELLENT. John Phillips never once tried to make himself look good, he never tried to do anything but lay out the story as it unfolded in his memory.  OH MY GOD.  That is the hard part.  It is hard because he is so likeable.  

I mean as a person, he was kind and thoughtful and did not try and hurt people.  He was just human and that is what is chilling. It could be you or I doing the same thing in his body.  How did he know he would turn into an addict?  How did he have the tools to stop something he didn't even know he needed to stop?   Back then, it was harder to discern the high from the insanely addicted.

But it also made him mentally so weak (as heroin does to all people) that you will just live in your own mind and do whatever your mind thinks is pleasurable.  Including having indiscriminate sex, I guess, with anything.   That's why people despise junkies. They have sold their souls. However, they do not know that a soul cannot be sold.   The mind has shut off the soul connection and just exists and thrives on anything that keeps it going.  

This was not just true of Papa John.  Many musicians of that time, John Lennon included, were junkies.  Some lived some did not.  

July 29, 2019 12:55 PM MDT

I didn't realize it was this late - - got to run - - I appreciate your comment here but don't have the time to respond in length, with the time you deserve. I bet I will be reading this book.
    Gosh - - and as time goes by, I find Phillips more and more physically attractive, too, I admit.
    yet, like friends say, who DON'T I find attractive/
    :)

July 29, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

He's ugly.  FUGLY. LOL 

See you tomorrow
      July 29, 2019 1:21 PM MDT

Ha!

Do you really think he's ugly? Maybe I need to look again.

Yup! Like my other friends say --  I seem to have no criteria when it comes to guys! I do find him very handsome. (I think I have criteria but I do admit it's rare for me to look at a guy and think, " He's ugly," ha!)

EDIT: I couldn't resist in posting an image :)

Image result for john phillips This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 29, 2019 6:24 PM MDT
      July 29, 2019 6:20 PM MDT

I love that song. In my top 20 list.
      July 29, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

Nice!

I adore that song, too.

July 29, 2019 12:52 PM MDT

Here it is Welby.

https://archive.org/details/papajohnautobiog00phil

July 29, 2019 12:58 PM MDT

• The song "Amy Grant", is a comical but less than savory tune about Christian/Pop artist Amy Grant, performed by alternative rock group "The Young Fresh Fellows".  Released as a single in 1987 from their third LP "The Men Who Loved Music", the song went on to become a huge hit on college and alternative radio and is their biggest hit to date.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 29, 2019 1:27 PM MDT
      July 29, 2019 1:15 PM MDT

Amy is just nice.  I don't think she did anything harmful like say Anita Bryant who hated gays.  Why couldn't they pick on Pat Boone or someone who spouts religion.  I don't think Amy is a good target.  Maybe because she is known.  Why couldn't they do Michelle Bachmann?  That is the song that needs to be sang.

She is on my list of the 1000 most horrible people crapped out by God to grace this planet.  

She is about 900 on the list of God's excrement. She is still GOD, we all are, but she is God's offal.  

I have that many. It used to be the top ten.  But since TRUMP TOOK OFFICE? It bloomed from 100 in the first year to over 1,000 this year.

AND GROWING.

Here's some of the reason why:

Michele Bachmann is an ignorant, bigoted, soulless human being

Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann, a member of the most extreme elements of the conservative movement (and a Grade-A bigot to boot) has taken to smearing the reputation of Huma Abedin, a longtime aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. In a manner reminiscent of the anti-communist witch hunts of former Republican U.S. Senator Joe McCarthy.

Ms. Bachmann’s letter, signed by four other Republican congressmen, asserts that Ms. Abedin’s father (who died when she was a teenager), mother and brother are “connected” to the Muslim Brotherhood. It calls on the State Department’s inspector general to investigate the organization’s supposed influence in the U.S. government. In a separate letter, Ms. Bachmann asks how Ms. Abedin, who is Ms. Clinton’s deputy chief of staff, received her security clearance.

Ms. Bachmann’s accusations are tissue-thin garbage of the someone-said-something variety — or, as Mr. McCain put it, “nothing less than an unwarranted and unfounded attack on an honorable woman, a dedicated American and a loyal public servant.”

Much to my delight, the maverick version of Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona took to the floor of the Senate to come to Abedin’s defense.

The kinds of attack Michele Bachmann is leveling against Huma Abedin- an attack that seems motivated by nothing more than Abedin’s religion – defies the very principle of religious freedom that our nation was founded on. As a nation, we should be better than this, and I’m beyond disgusted that Bachmann’s vile and bigoted comments haven’t met with universal condemnation from anyone who has a soul and values the principles our nation was founded on.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 29, 2019 1:27 PM MDT
      July 29, 2019 1:24 PM MDT