Active Now

Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What are some of the probable reasons that one person might stalk another person?

What are some of the probable reasons that one person might stalk another person?

~

Posted - July 27, 2019

Responses

• Because if he creepily tracks you down online, stalks all of your friends on Facebook and terrorizes you, you just might want to marry him.
      July 27, 2019 8:50 AM MDT

It could happen, it could happen. (By the way, I’ll need the addresses for all of your family members and friends. I’m finalizing the guest list and I need to send out the invitations.)

~

July 27, 2019 9:02 AM MDT

• I'm not ready to find a partner for life, just to never have sex again. I think that's one of the concrete rules of marriage.
      July 27, 2019 9:05 AM MDT

Hey, wait . . . I just may have to reevaluate whether or not to pursue this relationship any further. 

July 27, 2019 9:15 AM MDT

• You may be wise to, because contrary to what you might believe about me, I'm not always easy to handle.
      July 27, 2019 9:17 AM MDT

Who would want an easy woman?  (Wait, what am I saying?)

~
      July 27, 2019 9:27 AM MDT

•   July 27, 2019 9:34 AM MDT

Revenge.

Lust.

Insanity.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 27, 2019 9:17 AM MDT
      July 27, 2019 9:13 AM MDT

To see if they're "corn-ny" 

(Celery he'll "asparagus" the puns.   Nah... I haven't asparagi puns in a long long time... and don't call me celery.  Quick, cauliflower as he's a blooming idiot!)
      July 27, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

Because they were dumped and won't let go.
      July 27, 2019 3:09 PM MDT

When have you ever needed a reason, Randy?
      July 27, 2019 4:09 PM MDT

• The willfully provocative way they deliberately avoid you.
      July 27, 2019 4:44 PM MDT

• Lol ...^this. 
      July 27, 2019 5:42 PM MDT

Stalkers often emphasise that they “love” their victims and occasionally say they stalk to keep others safe. For example, an abusive ex-husband might say he stalks his ex-wife to ensure she’s appropriately caring for their children. Psychologically, however, stalking is a crime of control. Stalkers see their victims as possessions who are rightfully theirs, and stalking behaviour frequently starts after a breakup or when the ex-partner begins a new relationship.

Some mental health issues can lead to stalking. People with personality issues such as a borderline personality diagnosis may have trouble letting go of relationships and sometimes use manipulative tactics to control people. 

Erotomania is a delusion - the stalker believes that another person—often a celebrity—is in love with him or her.
    However, not all stalkers have mental health conditions, and the overwhelming majority are men. Most are control freaks. Cultural and gender norms contribute to stalking behaviour, particularly the more conservative or fundamentalist versions of faith, or mistaken ideas of what it means to be a man.
      July 27, 2019 5:49 PM MDT