Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What was it in life that caused you to wave a white flag and give up? How did you finally manage to get your groove back?

What was it in life that caused you to wave a white flag and give up? How did you finally manage to get your groove back?

Posted - July 29, 2019

Responses

A number of things really.  A running partner/acquaintance wanted to come over and meet the resident Labradors when they were pups.  She came over to the house and in reality never left.  Sex was good, her personality was good, she  had as many toys to play outdoors as I do (skis, bikes, climbing etc). 

So one night after a bottle of wine I gave up fighting her wiles and asked her to move in.  I waved the white flag so to speak
      July 29, 2019 9:43 AM MDT

A goody 2 shoe gal caused me to wave the white flag and give up the thug life I never tried to get my grove back since then. Cheers!
      July 29, 2019 9:44 AM MDT

It's an old story where the people that know me on this website, know all about it. BTW,  I never got my groove back. Life sucks that way.
      July 29, 2019 9:49 AM MDT

It would take a lot more than this square to answer
      July 29, 2019 10:25 AM MDT

I never had the groove in the first place.

Inherited tendency to depression.
    Conditioning in my familial environment.
    Various triggers in early school experiences.
    Probably being female plays a part too.

Have not yet overcome my cowardice.
    Am only just beginning to realise that it's like getting back on a horse after falling off. If the injury was life-threatening there's a profound aversion to taking the risk again. And yet the only way to overcome the fear is to get back on.
    There's also some learning involved - how to mitigate risks - how to do things more skillfully.
    In truth, I have a long way to go and might not make it.

This post was edited by inky at July 29, 2019 7:27 PM MDT
      July 29, 2019 1:45 PM MDT