Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What if some terrorist took out all electricity stations? How would you cope without computers and the internet?

What if some terrorist took out all electricity stations? How would you cope without computers and the internet?

Posted - August 6, 2019

Responses

Fit Solar panels on your roof and buy a diesel generator....:) 
      August 6, 2019 2:17 AM MDT

• Gas up the pickup, load the rifles, and head for the hills before the looting and rioting starts.
      August 6, 2019 3:24 AM MDT

It would be difficult for sure.  No refrigeration and a way to cook food is more pressing.
      August 6, 2019 3:47 AM MDT

For what it's worth------- my local electric provider is replacing the old wooden power poles with aluminum poles. This includes the poles along my road. 
      August 6, 2019 7:44 AM MDT

I think we'd have bigger problems.
    Like no fuel for generators (think of all the deaths due to no AC/heat for elderly, and when hospital generators ran out).
      August 6, 2019 7:56 AM MDT

We'd be okay for two weeks.  That's how long we lasted after Hurricane Frances.  Not having internet or computers was not as big a problem as keeping our food from spoiling and sleeping in the Summer heat. It really got bad after a couple of weeks because we couldn't vacuum the rugs! This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at August 6, 2019 5:34 PM MDT
      August 6, 2019 2:04 PM MDT

We are now on solar here at the Z Palace, precisely for the reasons you mention. 
      August 6, 2019 2:55 PM MDT