Discussion » Questions » Education » Are you willing to embrace Spanish as a second language in schools? I certainly AM. But.. America can barely understand English still.

Are you willing to embrace Spanish as a second language in schools? I certainly AM. But.. America can barely understand English still.

Posted - August 8, 2019

Responses

If they are going to mandate a second language ... it should be Mandarin.

The Chinese are giving money to build schools in Africa.
    Along with the normal reading, writing, and arithmetic ... they are teaching Chinese history, language, and politics.

The Chinese are loaning money to improve infrastructure of port facilities in developing nations.  (including South America)
    And if you don't pay ... well, they just take over the running of the port.

China has stated it's intent to build a mining facility on the moon.
    They have already started mapping out locations.  (Did anyone really believe they landed a rover on the "dark side" just for scientific exploration?)

Within the next 30 years, Chinese fortifications will render any other navy in the China Sea powerless.

August 8, 2019 12:49 PM MDT

Dear FELLOW PROGRESSIVE THINKER:

I TOTALLY AGREE.  I am also a visionary.  This is certainly the way to pave.  BUT?  Latinos are here now and we need to blend that language and not stifle it.

I love language.  I just love it.  But that aside, I totally agree with your take.  
      August 8, 2019 1:06 PM MDT

• West should have never opened up trade to the bastards.  Made them rich and now they are going to take over.  
      August 8, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

They could have never been stopped.  By mass size alone they would have done this damage.  

Oh well, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.  Well, Asian for certain.  

Take a look at Amber. She is in Canada now living with an Asain and surely she will reproduce some semi-white, Asian children who have American/Canadian heritage.

That is the good part of it all. We will blend. Into WHAT?  That is yet to be determined.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 7, 2019 2:53 PM MDT
      August 8, 2019 2:10 PM MDT

Yep...really rich.

August 8, 2019 3:39 PM MDT

• Never said we made the people rich. 
      August 9, 2019 5:38 AM MDT

(stated it's its intent)
      August 9, 2019 7:28 AM MDT

"Let the Dragon sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world" - Napoleon Bonaparte

China has emerged from her centuries-old slumber. All the things that the US could and should have done, China is doing. Make way for the new superpower - the British Empire is gone, the USSR is gone and the USA is on the skids.
      August 9, 2019 7:36 AM MDT

Don't be so hard on yourself.
      August 8, 2019 2:16 PM MDT

No. Our second language should be Canadian.
      August 8, 2019 3:41 PM MDT

I know, right?  Look at how many people fail to read for comprehension . . . 

August 9, 2019 7:30 AM MDT

Or don't read or even know how to read.

August 9, 2019 12:24 PM MDT

No.  Everyone should speak English in the schools.  That is not to say Spanish can't be taught as an elective.  But no, the schools should not teach in two languages.  Excuse me....I meant to say hell no.  
      August 10, 2019 12:01 AM MDT

I would be, yes - because it's one of the most widely spoken languages in the world.
    It would mean a much easier time if one chose to travel in Spain or some of the South American countries - great places to explore as a traveller.
    It would mean direct access to the originals of Spanish literature, WHat a treasure trove that would be! :D
      August 10, 2019 3:10 AM MDT

Yes, there are Americans who have only a rudimentary grasp of English, and English people too, but then who presumes to say what 'proper' English is - what new modes of expression are 'acceptable', what words and phrases should forthwith be considered obsolete, and so studiously shunned. On the other hand, 'America can barely understand English still' - no, I am going to say: 'America can barely understand English yet' - it injects the merest pannikin of hope, I feel, even though we are aiming at what is essentially a moving target.
      September 7, 2019 7:03 AM MDT