Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Why Don't ALL Lives Matter?

Why Don't ALL Lives Matter?

Of COURSE black lives matter...but why don't the lives of whites, Asians, Semites, Amerinds, kids, etc. matter?  Why do certain people get all P.O.'ed at the mere suggestion that all lives matter?

Posted - September 8, 2016

Responses

Maybe some people feel they've somehow been 'more victimized' by tyrants than others?

September 8, 2016 2:18 AM MDT

Nimitz, I don't understand it when blacks do that either.  It's as if they're saying nobody else's lives matter

September 8, 2016 5:23 AM MDT

When it is 'Them' we are talking about.

see also here: The Rwanda Genocide: How Does Madeleine Albright Live with Herself? 

as well a her testimony before the UN that the Iraki children killed by bombing the Iraki oilfields and surrounding areas were 'a justified cost'..

September 8, 2016 5:35 AM MDT

I don't think that Black Lives Matter says anything about other lives shouldn't or won't matter. However as a movement they will work for the issues of the black lives. I believe there are interest groups/movements for other groups in our communities, whereof some are international. You got Children's Rights and UNICEF among others for the children. 

September 8, 2016 5:44 AM MDT

The notion that the slogan "Black Lives Matter' means "ONLY black lives matter" is a propaganda 'counterattack' against the many blacks (and whites,yellows,greens,...) who are outraged about the unacceptably large nr of black people who get killed by cops in the US for no recognizable reason.

September 8, 2016 5:45 AM MDT

All do.  Keep saying it.

September 8, 2016 8:41 AM MDT

• Some choose to interpret the movement as Black Lives Matter (Only). 

Others interpret it as Black Lives Matter (Too).

September 8, 2016 8:47 AM MDT

• What does the Babel Fish say?

September 8, 2016 8:52 AM MDT

• No lives matter. Only rich lives matter. Let The Almighty Invisible Hand figure it out.

September 8, 2016 8:53 AM MDT

I suspect BLM supporters would say the same. "Of COURSE all lives matter, why do people get all P.O.'d at the mere suggestion that black lives matter?"

Just saying.

September 8, 2016 9:06 AM MDT

Hello N:

All lives DO matter...  But, it's not a good name for a protest group.  You shouldn't take those names seriously..  All Democrats are NOT democrats.

excon

September 8, 2016 9:10 AM MDT

All lives matter, but there is still discrimination in the world, more against some groups than others. All lives should be highly valued. We should treat all people the way we want to be treated. But some people haven't learned that. I wish police would treat all people the same, and be more peace keepers and use loving kindness in their neighborhoods by getting to know the young people and building trust.

September 8, 2016 9:18 AM MDT

*like*
      September 8, 2016 9:22 AM MDT
  • D&D

If all human life mattered, people would not breed so recklessly and irresponsibly. They don't even care about the existing millions of life enough.

September 8, 2016 9:24 AM MDT

• This. When will people get this through their thick skulls?
      September 8, 2016 9:25 AM MDT

• Like. (The Like picture doesn't work on my iPad)
      September 8, 2016 9:26 AM MDT

• Who says they don't? Does a cat shelter imply that dogs don't matter? Does a cancer ward imply that AIDS sufferers don't matter? Does a Spanish language class imply that Italian doesn't matter?
      September 8, 2016 9:27 AM MDT

Black Lives Matter is a divisive thing. That is the point. I am a brown guy and I would never be happy with Brown Lives Matter. The first thing a group like that would do is to divide brown people from everyone else. And there is one other problem which is that they are protesting only when a black person is killed by white person. So it is really the white lives they are interested in and black lives only matter as a way to show white people as attacking blacks.. A black person has a really big risk of being killed by a black person, in compared to the tiny risk of being killed by a white cop, but that is not divisive between blacks and whites so they do not talk about it. All that matters to them is creating division.

September 8, 2016 9:42 AM MDT

I thought you would be smarter than this, Nimitz. You must have spent a lot of time and energy researching to determine that all governments are bad. Yet this simple thing eludes you?

September 8, 2016 9:44 AM MDT

They DO!!

September 8, 2016 10:48 AM MDT

September 8, 2016 10:49 AM MDT

Ask how they would react if "white lives matter" came first.

September 8, 2016 10:59 AM MDT

Many of those cats at the cat "shelter" are destined for the vacuum chamber and then the burn pile.

People don't suffer from AIDS. They suffer from the illnesses that their compromised immunity systems allow to rage in their bodies if they don't seek treatment (which has become pretty darn effective these days), cancer being among them. There are AIDS patients on the cancer ward.

Spanish and Italian are both rooted in Latin, not a lot of difference when compared to Mandarin, Navajo or or Khoisan.

And yes, often languages do matter. Sometimes even one's life depends on being able to speak the "correct" one.

As to "Black Thighs are Fatter" the problem is that some black people are complaining that young black male thugs brandishing firearms at the police are being indiscriminately killed, which is mostly BS (one or two, maybe; but some innocent whites and Asians have also died that way. . . ) Most of the black folks I know just shake their heads at the untimely deaths and ask why the kid brandished the gun at the cops to begin with.

So what's your point?

September 8, 2016 11:20 AM MDT

September 8, 2016 11:23 AM MDT