Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Why Don't ALL Lives Matter?

Why Don't ALL Lives Matter?

Of COURSE black lives matter...but why don't the lives of whites, Asians, Semites, Amerinds, kids, etc. matter?  Why do certain people get all P.O.'ed at the mere suggestion that all lives matter?

Posted - September 8, 2016

Responses

We wouldn't have this discussion IF you were aware of how to read my response on the question asked by the OP. Unless you don't understand the question. Anyway, it's clearly that you either don't have the ability on how to read my reply in the context it was given, or you deliberately have chosen to read it in another context than it was given.

Your efforts to turn my reply into something it wasn't makes me wonder if you aware of the concept of bad and good faith. You don't have to reply on this as I for my part won't continue this part of the thread after I finish this reply for you.

The bad faith comes to mind when reading some of the statements made about the phrase "black lives matters" and how it could be perceived being racist, saying that all other lives doesn't matter. To stay in the analogy to Children's Rights, does anyone else than children have no rights? Isn't that discriminating? Again, rhetorical questions from my side (no need for you to reply on these).

As for my analyzing skills I do not know how to get any sense out of how I can come up with a wrong answer on you making 'yes/no' replies on two simple questions: "Don't you agree that black lives matters too, or is it only all the other lives than black lives that matters?"

You know, it will be your answer, not mine? Not a rhetorical question this time (still no need for you to reply on it though).

What you could worry about (or what else it might be that is holding you back out of fear for my analytical skills) would be me interpreting your reply wrongly but that would only be if you don't consider yourself being a racist and next reply anything but a 'yes' to the first part, and a 'no' to the second part of my question. In such case I would interpret your replies as being racist, and perceiving you being a racist. For the records, I don't perceive you being racist by what you have said this far inside our thread here.

Have a lovely day/night. Bye.

September 12, 2016 2:45 AM MDT

Here's something interesting. Where societal inequality exists, if something threatens that inequality, it's percieved as unequal preference.

For example, if a society has a certain race which experiences entitlement or preferential treatment, and people start calling for a different race to be treated equally, it's seen as a threat to the "equality" which already exists.

September 12, 2016 3:44 AM MDT

• Same thing as women's struggle for equality. Fear of loss of privilege produces reactive-defensive behaviours.

September 12, 2016 4:37 AM MDT

Rpf, I found a very interesting article that addresses the comment you made about the mistreatment of blacks by the police. So much attention has been paid to the number of blacks being killed by cops, that I found these statistics quite interesting.

The article at breitbart.com starts off by saying "The ugly truth behind #BlackLivesMatter is that black people killing other black people does nothing to advance its political power in the same way that one white cop killing a black criminal can."

The article stated these 5 facts:

FACT 1. Over 1,400 more black Americans murdered other blacks in two years than were lynched from 1882 to 1968.

FACT 2. Black People (mostly men) commit a grossly disproportionate amount of crime.

FACT 3. Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks committed half of homicides in the United States for nearly 30 years.

FACT 4. Chicago’s death toll is almost equal to that of both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined.

FACT 5. It would take cops 40 years to kill as many black men as have died at the hands of others black men in 2012 alone.

And lastly,

"There are five times fewer black people than white people in America and, yet, they consistently carry out a larger share of the crimes?"

When you read these alarming statistics, aren't you surprised there haven't been more instances of blacks being killed by the police.

Yet BLM chooses to concentrate on the number of blacks killed by the cops. And it even puts the article's initial statement into focus, that being blacks killing blacks does nothing to advance BLM's political power more than one white cop killing a black man.
      September 12, 2016 7:43 AM MDT

September 12, 2016 4:42 PM MDT

•   September 13, 2016 2:57 AM MDT

September 13, 2016 12:52 PM MDT

•   September 13, 2016 2:01 PM MDT