Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Are homosexuals allowed conjugal visits while in prison just as heterosexuals are? If not, then why? Do those rights vary state to state?

Are homosexuals allowed conjugal visits while in prison just as heterosexuals are? If not, then why? Do those rights vary state to state?

Posted - August 13, 2019

Responses

"Don't Like it or you Will be Lumping it!"  
    ;) :)
      August 13, 2019 5:19 PM MDT

I love your closing.  NO. SORRY. THIS IS PRISON.  There is no ands, ifs, or butts, about it!
      August 13, 2019 5:23 PM MDT

You know I had trouble writing this due to the fact that so many people are locked up that do not need to be.  HOWEVER....that said?

I'm sorry.  If you are in jail, it is NOT the time nor the place.  If you have earned conjugal visits?  You have earned the right to be freed.  That's when you get to stick it in.  Or get it stuck in.  
      August 14, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

And with that thought, I'm offering you a hand.... to shake!

:) :)
      August 14, 2019 11:21 AM MDT

• The only reason I have been able to find being given for even having such visits is in an effort to help keep families together.  Help keep spouses together.  Lessening the chance of repeat offenses upon release due to still having close family bonds instead of losing that and being lost even more so than before.  They say it is good for the children in these families to provide situations wherein the bond between parents stays strong if possible which gives a greater support system to the children affected by a parents incarceration.  Evidently it is viewed as more of a family program than just a sexual program.  Some places it seems allow, even prefer, whole family visits instead of just couples.  Apparently this is a privilege not a right.  Only mild offenders, with a good track record are allowed these perks.  Most of this is based on traditional heterosexual families and I don't know how it would be applied if at all to homosexuals.
      August 13, 2019 5:40 PM MDT

I think if you want to keep your family together, you need to do it with your zipper up.  Sorry.  I love your take and it makes total sense.  

It also makes for a ton of problems.  Pregnancy. Divorce.  And screwing is not what keeps it together. Sorry.  It does NOT.  Love does. And most people cannot keep their families together even in the best of circumstances. So, don't blame jail. Blame getting caught and not having a lawyer that can do their job.  

Or blame anything, but don't blame the fact that you cannot get sex while being locked up.  Your kids have enough problems without laying this idea at their feet.  

Show me where people are keeping it together because they can screw through the bars and I'll shut up.  It isn't true. AT ALL.  
      August 14, 2019 10:16 AM MDT

For what it’s worth, I can’t even imagine the possibility of never having (consensual) sex for the rest of one’s life nor for extended periods of time, such as years or decades. Jes’ sayin’.

:(
      August 15, 2019 6:39 AM MDT

not sure
      August 16, 2019 3:23 PM MDT