Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is this equality of which you speak?

What is this equality of which you speak?

Posted - September 8, 2016

Responses

Hello JV:

Here's an example of equal..  Gary Johnson is ELIMINATED from the presidential contest because he made ONE gaffe.  Donald Trump is poised to WIN the presidency, and he's made 1,000's of gaffes..  That's equality, right?

excon

September 8, 2016 9:39 AM MDT

Well, it's certainly not something to be judged solely on the differences between two single magazine covers.

September 8, 2016 9:42 AM MDT

Yeah, imagine actually asking for clarification, rather than pretending to know and giving some moronic non-answer about Aleppo. Yeah, he should have known about it, but you're right, it's a perfect example of how Trump always gets a pass on certain things because he's held to a lower standard. 

September 8, 2016 10:08 AM MDT

Another example:

September 8, 2016 10:25 AM MDT

Ah equality!

We haven't quite got there yet, but there seems to be a building tidal wave towards the Procrustean bed kind of solution, given the ineradicable variation within humankind - and those determined to stamp out such variation. In its place shall be instituted drab, conformist., unrelieved sameness, where original thought is proscribed, and to display a whisker of difference is to invite violent erasure as a destructive canker.

But I shall be gone by then.

September 8, 2016 1:24 PM MDT

Why would you say Trump is poised to win the presidency. I don't think he'll have anywhere near the numbner of electoral votes he needs and Clinton already has more than she needs.
      September 8, 2016 1:49 PM MDT

Please excuse my failure to poofread and I'm unable to edit from my work computer.
      September 8, 2016 1:52 PM MDT

"proofread"
      September 8, 2016 1:53 PM MDT

I get so angry with myself when I log on here from work and if I'm busy and make a mistake after I hit add comment, I can't fix it.  I'm hoping that when the new site rolls out, that will change.  You can learn about anything you want - you don't have to be in school to learn.  No, we can't all be George Plimptons, but we have the advantage of having some very smart people from whom we can learn. :) 

September 8, 2016 9:26 PM MDT

• Time and time again a proven myth when the circumstances have been factored in.

September 9, 2016 11:58 AM MDT

1. a plan or scheme to produce uniformity or conformity by arbitrary or violent methods. Origin of Procrustean bed Expand. after Procrustes, the bandit from Greek mythology who stretched or amputated the limbs of travelers to make them conform to the length of his bed.

September 9, 2016 1:46 PM MDT

Wrong.
      September 9, 2016 1:48 PM MDT

George Plimpton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia

George Ames Plimpton (March 18, 1927 – September 25, 2003) was an American journalist, writer, literary editor, actor and occasional amateur sportsman. He is widely known for his sports writing and for helping to found The Paris Review.

George Arthur Plimpton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Arthur_Plimpton
    Wikipedia

George Arthur Plimpton (July 13, 1855 – July 1, 1936) was an American publisher and philanthropist. Life and career[edit]. Plimpton was born in Walpole, ...

September 9, 2016 1:50 PM MDT

Girls Life Magazine - Echo Media

echo-media.com/medias/details/4497/girls+life+magazine

Girls' Life Magazine is a magazine dedicated to the idea that girls are important, independent and opinionated people. This magazine publishes six times a year to over 400,000 readers, average 2,400,000 annually.

Boys' Life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia

Boys' Life is the monthly magazine of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA). Total circulation (2013)1,097,968

September 9, 2016 2:56 PM MDT

• The facts and stats show otherwise.

September 12, 2016 2:11 PM MDT