Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Riddle me this: it’s 2019, so why does someone have go all the way downtown to police HQ for interrogation?

Riddle me this: it’s 2019, so why does someone have go all the way downtown to police HQ for interrogation?

I could just text them my statement, email it, tweet, fax, voicemail, there are so many choices available to me.

*This post is merely in jest. Humorous answers, please. Thank you. 

~

Posted - August 18, 2019

Responses

Because someone put mayonnaise on Randy D's sammich and they want to know who. 
      August 19, 2019 6:11 AM MDT

Then why am I being dragged down there?  Grrrr. 

Signed,
    The Victim
      August 19, 2019 6:12 AM MDT

It's BLT sandwich season. Maybe the police would enjoy these sandwiches. Time to 'GRAB THE PAINT' Randy! 
      August 19, 2019 6:59 AM MDT

Because you can read much more from a person live - tone of voice, visual tells.
    The police can then ask questions on the spot - and the spontaneous responses are more telling than something composed with the time it takes to write an email.
    Sorry about the lack of humour - but you know me... This post was edited by inky at August 19, 2019 11:06 AM MDT
      August 19, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

If you have watched Joe Kenda in Homicide Hunter you may have heard him that they prefer persons of interest not have the psychological advantage of the "home field"---which is usually anywhere but at the police station.

He also indicated that the interrogation rooms were located so that a number of dooors had to be opened and then closed before they arrived at that room---to emphasize that freedom was neither readily nor easily available to them.

August 19, 2019 12:15 PM MDT

Because they get an extra doughnut for every hour they keep you there.
    If they make you cry, they get extra sprinkles.
      August 19, 2019 2:49 PM MDT