Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » The Dink issssss Baaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaack!

The Dink issssss Baaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Posted - September 9, 2019

Responses

It was terrible. 
    Like all of us, the loss of sleep can be debilitating. 
    LOL

Kidding aside, Trinkle Dink is the essence and soul of AnswerMug!

September 9, 2019 6:01 PM MDT

• Don't oversell it, baby.  LOL!
      September 9, 2019 6:04 PM MDT

I be pimpin you A$$, Beotch.
    Daddy needs a new pair of shoes
    This post was edited by Jon at September 9, 2019 8:56 PM MDT
      September 9, 2019 8:50 PM MDT

• Guess what I spent some time reading today while I was "outside the mug"?  I delved into a couple of your blogs.  Girlfriend you are awesome.  I loved the one titled "Impermanence".  I need to get back over there and comment on it.  I wish everyone would go take a look at your stuff.  Personally I think I should avoid it at all cost because any time I read your work I am reminded of just how inferior I am.  Kudos on a very nice piece.
      September 9, 2019 6:09 PM MDT

No way inferior! 
    Tinkle Dink, I feel outraged at that!
    Listen here, you beautiful soul - you have the spirit of a poet. Your voice is potent, impassioned and clear. Your breath is oceanic air.

For those of us who love to write, the journey is infinite.
    I knew three years ago, when I signed up for my Creative Writing course at the local uni, that I did not know what I did not know. I knew only that I didn't know how to tell whether my work had any merit. 
    Through the course, I've begun to learn about plot, character, setting, point-of-view, tense, single effect, theme and other basics. I've began to learn how to examine each of these relative to the others in order to find the flaws and know how to fix them.
    In the world of professionals, it's widely agreed that it takes at least ten years to become a publishable writer. That means a decade of writing for a few hours every day, reading copiously to discover which writers one likes best and allowing their influence to transfuse by osmosis, and finding one's deepest themes.
    There is never an end to how much one can improve in any art form. It's infinite - at least for as long as we have working senses, hands and mind-heart with which to conjure the spells of word magic.
    One sits down with the pen and paper, or computer and electricity - and begins - starting with anything - maybe the windchime stirred by the westerly - and the rest flows of its own accord.
    So we are all of us only ever beginners relative to infinity. This post was edited by inky at September 9, 2019 7:33 PM MDT
      September 9, 2019 6:46 PM MDT

• I need a book of your works in my collection.
      September 9, 2019 7:47 PM MDT

• YAY!!!

September 9, 2019 6:02 PM MDT

September 9, 2019 6:16 PM MDT

•   September 9, 2019 6:21 PM MDT

September 9, 2019 6:28 PM MDT

•   September 9, 2019 6:39 PM MDT

I have so much to learn! 

September 9, 2019 6:46 PM MDT

Yes, you guys need to teach me
    :)

(I like this movie)

Image result for This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 10, 2019 5:08 AM MDT
      September 9, 2019 7:26 PM MDT

Please pardon my ignorance on this, Welby.

Who is that and what movie is that from? Is this from a Greg Araki movie?
    Yes..I concede. LOL "UNCLE!!!"
      September 9, 2019 7:40 PM MDT

you WIN!!! - - yes!

Greg Araki's "nowhere"

-- and that is hot singer (and actor) Jeremy Jordan (there is another almost-as-hot actor with the same name but this Jordan knocks my socks off)

This Jeremy Jordan who I know more of as a singer -- he's quite a good actor, too, to me! This movie fascinated me! And Jordan is great in it.
      September 9, 2019 8:25 PM MDT

• I have recently discovered how much I love Araki's movies.  I am a YUGE BIGLY fan of "Mysterious Skin"

September 9, 2019 8:54 PM MDT

"Mysterious Skin" was amazing for me, too!
      September 9, 2019 9:19 PM MDT

I have been a fan of Greg Araki ever since the first film of his I saw, "The Living End."

I am embarrassed to say that I have seen so films that I have forgotten many of them. Surely I have seen "Nowhere." I must have! lol
    Recently Twinkle Tink and I watched Mysterious Skin. I could not recall ever seeing it until we began watching it.

September 9, 2019 9:29 PM MDT

I'm not sure that you need teaching, dear Welby. That's a pretty seductive, come-hither kind of image.

In the late 70's, when I was an art student in Darlinghurst, Sydney, Australia, I spent a fair bit of time with gay men (whom I adore.) There is definitely a mode of flirtatious and seductive behaviours.
    Without question, Tinkle Dink's an expert and I'm sure he could coach you. He's also a person who understands the many kinds of love in all their subtleties from the erotic, to the fraternal, to the sublime.

I'll see if I can encompass a few general tips - and you be the judge.
    Cultivate good health - plenty of time at the gym, or any kind of exercise you enjoy. Create a healthy lifestyle on all levels - food, sleep, etc - because the healthier you are, the more energy and vitality you have - and that is an irresistibly attractive quality.
    Find hobbies that increase your creative skills and social connections - theatre, dance, music, cabaret, pageantry, film. Or if you're more of an introspective type, writing or visual arts, but do join collectives for the art form or meet in workshops. A shining creative heart shows who you are as a person on the inside, nectar to the bees.
    Use the latest fashions and codes that signal your preferences. This makes it easier for the ones who match your tastes to find you.
    If you are shy and cannot muster the flamboyant styles, use your gentleness and sensitivity - be a good listener, a good friend, an excellent confidante. Ask great questions.
      September 9, 2019 8:27 PM MDT

Hey, thanks, there, bookworm.

(Your last two sentences particularly hit me -- many people see me as outgoing and confident but, in reality I'm more shy. The gentleness and sensitivity -- that comes through though -- perhaps they are partly what guys see in me)

Oh, and I admit I wasn't really asking to be taught, I basically posted that Jeremy Jordan movie scene gif just for fun, to add to the thread - - I like Jordan a lot and I liked the movie.

AND - -  I appreciate our post here! Thanks!
    And some of those I do exactly as you suggested - - and the others I do "in my own way" -- like fashion - - I wear what I want and what I like, regardless of trends and codes [unsure if you were talking about specific things/codes, like "Wear this so other guys can tell you're gay"] -- but my approach tends to work for me, I don't try to get noticed, per se - - but maybe it's that everything I wear, I like and I'm comfortable in - - and that might creates an appealing confidence to others? -- 

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 9, 2019 9:35 PM MDT
      September 9, 2019 8:39 PM MDT

Apologies for sticking my oar in where it absolutely was not needed.
    And happy for you that you have your own style - and that it works.

I guess what I meant by cues... some like vanilla, others, chocolate or more exotic - visual codes for everything.
    But it's clear from your answer that you need none of that.

Mea culpa.
      September 9, 2019 8:47 PM MDT

• Welby, used to strike me as the quiet type but I have since learned he has a wicked little dark side that never fails to intrigue.
      September 9, 2019 8:51 PM MDT

Why, thank you, my friend!
    And, yup, you're right - - that wicked streak in me is almost a constant -- and I go streaking when I least expect it.
    Ha!

hey, got to go now - - getting really tired!
    Great to see you!
    Be well,
      September 9, 2019 9:27 PM MDT

No apologies needed! Please don't think twice - - because the loving spirit of your words and meanings always come through -- your post is full love and fun and caring! And that is lovely to me!

And, I guess I could use help on codes and stuff, actually -- I fall out of the trends  easily. 
      September 9, 2019 9:24 PM MDT

• I hope nothing changed during my extended absence.  You still gangsta?

September 9, 2019 6:19 PM MDT