Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Family » If your son were a police officer, would he give you a speeding ticket if you deserved it?

If your son were a police officer, would he give you a speeding ticket if you deserved it?

Posted - September 17, 2019

Responses

I don't have a son. I have a daughter.  If she were going to get in trouble, she would give me the ticket and I would make sure she did not get in trouble and not fight it one bit.

If I were a daughter I would give my mom a speeding ticket if she were endangering someone.  My mom never broke traffic laws. It is hard to imagine her speeding.  
      September 17, 2019 10:22 AM MDT

You're such a good sport.  I would do the same.
    My mom, on the other hand, is quite the driver and sometimes does speed.  We all do in our family.  It's in the genes.
    So much to do.
    So little time!
    ;) :)
      September 17, 2019 12:06 PM MDT

My friend Cindy is a speed demon and texts while driving. Never gets stopped.  I think she is enchanted or something.  
      September 17, 2019 12:23 PM MDT

No because he knows I only speed when I am drunk so he would issue me a 24 hour suspension for DUI and make me walk home to sober up.
      September 17, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

You Crack Me Up!!!!

Thanks for the Giggle!!
    :) :)
      September 17, 2019 12:07 PM MDT

He probably would but if he didn't I'd remind him of his child hood buddy that was killed by a speeding driver. Cheers! 
      September 17, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

I don't have a son but if I did, I would expect him to.  I'm not above the law because I'm his mom.
    I would, of course, call his wife and tell her to deny him all pleasures for a week.  Kind of like putting him in time-out from a mother's reach outside the home.
    But other than that, and reminding him I brought him into this world and remind him who bought him his first puppy and helped him learn how to drive and ride a bike, I'm sure he would.
    I would also write Santa and put him on the naughty list.  But, other than that I would expect him to.
    Oh, and I would tell his friends he caught the flu and no game-night this Sunday.  But, like a good son, he would give me a ticket.
    I might remind his kids that they didn't get that pony they have been asking for.  But, I'm sure he would stand proud to the oath he took.
    I would have raised him well.  .....   I think.
    ;) :)
      September 17, 2019 12:14 PM MDT

Of course I would and if it warranted an arrest, I'd give him that gift too.
      September 17, 2019 12:14 PM MDT

He’d BETTER!

~
      September 18, 2019 9:37 PM MDT