Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » Wanna kick it like it’s 1986 now?

Wanna kick it like it’s 1986 now?

Posted - September 19, 2019

Responses

If I were a radio hostess playing this stuff it would probably be more like taking the next caller that wants relationship advice instead of DJ Livvie being in the house , lol.
      September 19, 2019 10:06 PM MDT

Livvie: Let‘s take the next caller. Welcome to Livvie’s Love Lounge.
    Randy D: Thank you, I hope you can help me. I can’t seem to find the right combination woman who is a really good sandwich-maker and hopelessly tilde-tolerant while also having great grammar.
    L: You’re that weirdo who calls every night, aren’t you?  Doesn’t that restraining order mean anything at all to you?
    R: Oh, thanks for reminding me; she’s also got to be the kind of woman who doesn’t file restraining orders against me all the time. These court costs, fines, fees, bail money and lawyer bills are killing me financially.
    L: This show is for real people seeking relationship advice, not for nut cases who just want to hear their own voices on the radio. Please clear the line for someone who really needs help.
    R: Say, I never got a response to the string of emails I’ve been sending to you here at the show. You know, my suggestions that you change the name to Livvie‘s Lust Lounge. And I volunteered to join you as co-host. I know a whole lot about lust. 
    L: I had the technicians program the computers to automatically delete anything you send. It’s on the restraining order that you can’t try to contact me in any way. 
    R: That’s very Jane S of you.
    L: My pleasure, now scram!
    R: By the way, she has to love eighties music just as much as I do.
    L: Who are you talking about?
    R: My dream woman. Aren’t you paying attention at all?
    L: I thought you are married, aren’t you?
    R: That’s in real life. On AnswerMug, I’m all over the map.  Just like you’re not really a late-night radio hostess. 
    L: Folks, we’re going to commercials while I get rid of this . . .
    R: Wait, I haven’t had a chance to list all the different ways I like my sandwiches made!
    L: How about “in prison”?  That’s what I see in your future if you keep ignoring legal orders.
    R: Prison of lust, that’s what I’m talking about!
    L: Off your meds again, I see.  Wait until they bunk you with a Bubba or two in the cellblock. See what kind of sandwiching goes on then, ha!
    R: Of course, I can’t respect a woman who doesn’t understand about the tildes. I get tired of being laughed at about them.
    L: Don’t they have homes for people like you?  Clinics, hospitals, special wards, padded cells?
    R: When I join you on the show, I’ll need my own 15-minute segment every night. I’ll call it the Nipple Niche.
    L: And we’re out of here. Listeners, here’s a word from our sponsors, coffee, avocado, mayonnaise and slang producers. 
    R: That hurts.
    L: Hang up now, psychopath.
    R: Wait, can I have some free tickets to a show or concert?
    L (to the call screener): How did he get through?  We left explicit instructions.  Grrrrrrr.
    ~

September 20, 2019 5:47 AM MDT

There is a job for you somewhere.  I just cannot figure out where.

Maybe Hollywood as a script writer?  I think we can find a spot.  
      September 20, 2019 11:23 AM MDT

And then comes the ads.

"We're happy little Vegemites, as bright as bright can be,
    We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea,
    Our Mummies say we're growing stronger every single week
    Because we love our Vegemite, we all adore our Vegemite
    It puts a rose in every cheek!"
      September 22, 2019 4:59 AM MDT

• Boston's Amanda is BEAUTIFUL
      September 20, 2019 5:43 AM MDT

• These are great thanks, Livvie! And we got some sap in there so works on all levels. 
      September 20, 2019 9:21 AM MDT

86 was a great year for Australian music

September 20, 2019 2:38 AM MDT

• Lot of mullets in Australia, huh? 
      September 20, 2019 9:22 AM MDT

In 1986, even I was wearing one. Big hair, shoulder pads - were you even there?
      September 20, 2019 10:22 AM MDT

• I was still playing with barbies and playdoo at the time lol. But yeah was there. 
      September 20, 2019 10:23 AM MDT

I think I was. I know I was very drunk.  
      September 20, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

Ok. I loved INXS.  Cannot for the life of me, remember any of the others.  
      September 20, 2019 11:25 AM MDT

Have a chat with Old School, he appreciates Icehouse almost as much as I do.
      September 22, 2019 5:01 AM MDT