Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » What is your favorite Fairy Tale?

What is your favorite Fairy Tale?

Posted - September 21, 2019

Responses

The tale of a five-hundred-year-old desert tribesman who, singularly alerted to
    an imminent worldwide flood, single-handedly built a wooden boat large enough to house a breeding pair of every species of land animal, from ant to elephant, in complete safety and harmony for six months.
    The construction took a hundred years and apparently consumed the earth’s total supply of gopherwood trees. Curiously, the builder only provided enough beds aboard for his own family, while the rest of humanity, too preoccupied with daily survival to build their own boats, -you guessed it- was drowned.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at April 12, 2020 11:49 AM MDT
      September 21, 2019 6:18 AM MDT

and everyone lived happily ever after.
      September 21, 2019 8:25 AM MDT

sigh.  I want to GIVE you the only gift that ever mattered to me.  I want to say HERE  LOOOK.  LOOOK WHAT I FOUND.  But no one can hear me except others who have found the same thing.  And most of us are not daft.  Most of us are humble and totally humbled by what they found.  
      September 21, 2019 10:00 AM MDT

Every time you answer, I see a bunch of peole congratulating you on how SMART you are.  

You are okay, as far as answering logical questions and being quite clever in phrasing your replies.

THIS?  This is the work of someone who has taken logic to the nth degree and desperately clings to it.  I'm sorry.  FOR YOU.  Because?  You are stuck in time.  We are past logic. We have ACTUALLY progressed to an idea that defies logic.  We are in the realm of the subconscious and what the subconscious IS.

The connection to the unseen. WHICH YOU SO DESPERATELY NEED TO SEE for some reason.  That is not a clever answer. It is again a testament to how much you cling and how little you are willing to explore avenues to answers that are beyond simple logic.  The answer you gave to me before about God's existence, got us into a big argument where I was so WRONG in my anger that I ended the argument because you were not listening.  Not because I feel you NEED to see GOD.  Or things my way.  It was total frustration over the fact that you seem to think that I am going to NOT see what you are trying to do.  

You cherry pick what you want to hear.  I told a story that THERE IS NO WAY to dispute. It was true. I was there. It happened and there were tons of witnesses.  No one was a liar.  

You turned it into something I never said, to support your PROOF that there is no god.  So?  I think your story is funny to other simple-minded characters on here who are in awe of anyone who can use more than three syllables.

You are a worthy opponent.  As far as any logical argument is concerned. You are incapable of going past any concept that dares defy it.  

If you think the great minds that you cling to, agree with you?  I think you need to think again.  I would no more cling to people who believe in God than I would cling to people who don't.  I need confirmation and I need outside verification.  That is my logic. 

GOD IS REAL.  Your ideas are dated.  And I think you have less proof than I do.   
      September 21, 2019 9:49 AM MDT

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Quaint though it is. 

That said, it might be useful for you to understand that I don’t put very much weight on what you think. I don’t come here to amuse you. Nor, I suspect, do many other people.

I answered your question, deal with it. The same as I tell anyone else. 

If my answers frighten you, Sharonna, maybe you should cease asking scary questions. This post was edited by Don Barzini at April 12, 2020 11:50 AM MDT
      September 21, 2019 10:15 AM MDT

Ahhh me.  Quaint.  We are being more civil but I caused us to throw barbs and miss the point once more.  

I just WISH I COULD SHOW YOU.  AND NOT BECAUSE OF A "SO THERE" kind of moment.  I totally admire your amazing character.  

You are mentally a rock.  Let's leave it. Sorry I got huffy.  But you are huffy every time you act like we are nuts.  I GET IT. To me, it is a cosmic effect.  I am throwing this at YOU.  You are throwing it back.  Just like I throw this same derision at all TRUMP supporters.  YOU THINK I AM A DOTARD. LOLOLOLOL

I guess that is why I keep attacking your intellect. You know you are amazingly BRILLIANT. HAAA I must be jealous.  I must be.  LOL  I'm laughing at ME.  
      September 21, 2019 10:25 AM MDT

A 2nd, more sobering thought.  Tell me something, Mr. B.  what do you think of ESP?  Is it all nonsense?  I'm curious.  And what about ESP that occurs and is confirmed later and by witnesses?  All nonsense?  I see.  We can begin there and not fight.  
      September 21, 2019 10:34 AM MDT

Assuming we are now sarcasm free, allow me to comment on what I have observed here. 
    I don’t think you are a dotard. You are well spoken, idealistic and passionate. Nothing wrong with any of that. IMO, you are also overly obsessed with you-know-who, but that is your prerogative, and I respect your commitment there. Your passion can cause you to become impulsive, not always to your best advantage. 
    Who hasn’t suffered from that at some point? 

As noted, I don‘t put so much weight on what is said here to allow it to offend me. I‘ll leave my alleged “brilliance” for others to decide for themselves. Popularity is not my goal. 

Soberly speaking, ESP is among those intangible qualities we don’t completely understand, I do believe there are gifts that some people have that make them exceptional. It isn’t nonsense to my eyes, and we are well-served to embrace them, 

I also recognize there are charlatans as well. 

September 21, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

Good.  Ok.  I need to get past the mind. Because the scary part for me, is doing just that. What if all we ARE is the mind?  What if?  How can we refute that one?  If we die. And we come back to life on the operating table and claim we SAW the other side? Well, that can be explained away as a brain ability we have yet to explore.  So, I need to get past that.  I'll try.  

This is the hard one.  
      September 21, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

I wrote my own short biography entitled: 'Almost Cinderella'.  
      September 21, 2019 7:24 AM MDT

That is a very CLEVER title. I love it.  I would love to read it, but I think I would need a handkerchief.   I know you have some heart-wrenching experiences that make me want to embrace you and tell you I'm so sorry, you are so nice and so lovable and I want to protect you.  (when I am not yelling at you, that is)
      September 21, 2019 9:53 AM MDT

Damn!  We hardly know each other!
      September 21, 2019 6:00 PM MDT

I remember some stuff you said that was sad.  Am I making it up?  It would be nice if I was wrong. I hope I am.  
      September 21, 2019 7:16 PM MDT

Do you mean the time, at age 5, I had my brain operated on but was given no chance to survive?   Or maybe the time the doctors told my wife and I to go talk to a funeral director about a burial for our critically ill son? (we prayed and he survived) 
      September 21, 2019 8:02 PM MDT

God makes Trump president and then the Donald parts the truth to try escape the evil Dems who are trying to impeach him... an unfolding story. 
      September 21, 2019 9:10 AM MDT

There is something we non-atheists believe.  We believe that this is the dream and death is the window to the REAL.  

Well, if you disagree?  WHAT IS THIS??? Do you think this is SANE and real?  OH MY GOD.  I think we are spirits having a human experience and Donald Trump is a DEMON.  
      September 21, 2019 9:56 AM MDT

Maybe he's just a wanna be demon envious of the big Satan guy and he wants to create his own hell place to rule over. 
      September 21, 2019 10:46 AM MDT

I'd classify that as a "fairy tale."
      September 21, 2019 1:05 PM MDT

• Beauty and The Beast.
      September 21, 2019 9:15 AM MDT

You would think that after all these years, people would see souls.  That is what I always got from that tale.  She was beautiful inside and out because she could look into the heart of a person and see.  

That's pretty cool.  Even if it took her awhile.  The whole story is exquisite.  
      September 21, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

• Exactly!

Sometimes the beast is a stranger - Or sometimes it's you.
      September 21, 2019 10:23 AM MDT

I don't know if you follow this one, but to me the Divine always comes in a humble package.  It never announces itself.  It doesn't have to.  Those who have eyes will see.  Those who don't never will.  
      September 21, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

• i think I get it .

But being humble is kind of a lost art these days 
      September 21, 2019 10:33 AM MDT

I like your answers because you are right but you have a fresh taste on the same point.  

I never meant that it was ABOVE you.  Just that you might not get what I am trying to say here because I am not clear.  We are getting used to conversating.  LOL 
      September 21, 2019 10:37 AM MDT