Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » According to a mod, undergarment pics are violation of TOS. (I couln't find that in TOS.)

According to a mod, undergarment pics are violation of TOS. (I couln't find that in TOS.)

Should this pic be removed? (1920s)

Posted - October 2, 2019

Responses

Not in MY opinion.
      October 2, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

Absolutely, yes---but my reasons are totally unrelated in any way to the terms of service.  

And unfortunately, I can't unsee it.
      October 2, 2019 1:48 PM MDT

I am turned on.  

I think you cannot get turned on.  That is in the TOS.  
      October 2, 2019 2:19 PM MDT

• Right - Let me guess which moderator ... 
      October 2, 2019 3:20 PM MDT

undergarments?  Under where?  Those "models" have absolutely nothing on under their garments.
      October 2, 2019 3:24 PM MDT

Careful...there is a violation somewhere in your answer.
      October 2, 2019 4:10 PM MDT

It's in the photo guidelines, accessible via the link at the bottom of all pages. https://answermug.com/pages/photo-guidelines

It gets a bit exhausting spelling this out, but obviously, we're trying to avoid sexual content. In the past, we've had men post themselves in lacy see-through underwear, women in thongs, and, as creepy as it is, people post kids in their underwear. Now, I would assume that you and most people here have the good sense not to post that kind of stuff, in which case, the strict guidelines seem excessive to you. However, if we start making judgment calls about when underwear are allowed and when they're not, then we're just making the policies more confusing for everyone and will wind up having our personal time dominated by people who want to push boundaries and those who genuinely don't understand. 

I have already lost track of the number of hours I have spent dealing with photo moderation, either because people post stuff that is in no way even close to being acceptable or stuff that's on the fringes because they think they're fighting the man in some battle for justice. And, that's with a flat rule that says no undergarments. 

And, for what it's worth, the members voted on that rule years ago. It's not even my rule. However, I stand by it and believe it was wholly necessary to curb the types of images that were being shared. 

So, please be kind. Be kind to the other members who don't want to see sexual content. Be kind to everyone on the site by not starting a war or slippery slope of content. Be kind to the mods by not dominating their volunteered time over a needless battle. 
      October 2, 2019 5:05 PM MDT

If I were the mod, I would not explain.  So, they are lucky.  I would just boot.  And if you want to come back, fine. If you don't, get over yourself.  Ta ta.

LOL

That is why I am not a mod.  No one would be on here including me.
      October 2, 2019 6:03 PM MDT

(Comma after the word "here".)
      October 2, 2019 9:09 PM MDT

But apparently Dick pics are ok ...

October 4, 2019 5:26 PM MDT

• I'm offended.   This is supposed to be milquetoast  and puritan on the main feed.   Keep it G rated please.
      October 2, 2019 6:45 PM MDT

ME TOO.  ME TOO. ME TOO.  
      October 2, 2019 7:37 PM MDT

All I know is that I want all three of those women. Does that mean you've done something wrong?

~
      October 2, 2019 9:13 PM MDT