Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Why is it so hard to find a girlfriend in real life ?

Why is it so hard to find a girlfriend in real life ?

Theres pretty girls everywhere but making a relationship is quite hard. 

Posted - October 19, 2019

Responses

Perhaps you need to get cleaned up and wear nicer clothing and project a happy and positive vibe.  Girls want relationships but fewer are interested in doom and gloom.  
      October 19, 2019 8:18 PM MDT

Its not hard to find a girlfriend if you know how to do the Triangle Finger dance. The Triangle Finger dance is were you make triangles out of 2 fingers on each  of your hands then slowly move them across your eyes when your on the dance floor. The Triangle Finger dance makes a man look mysterious and woman find that irresistible. You can learn how to do the Triangle Finger dance if you study music vids by the B52s and the Guess Who. Cheers and happy weekend!
      October 19, 2019 8:28 PM MDT

• As apposed to fake life girlfriends?  
      October 19, 2019 8:39 PM MDT

In my case, it’s because my wife won’t let me. Grrrrrrrrr. 

~
      October 20, 2019 12:01 AM MDT

I'd need to know a lot more about you to get some clues as to why you're having difficulty.

But love in youth is difficult for everyone, whether they're successful at attracting a partner or not.
    For most people, the ups and downs of sex and romance in youth are among the most painful periods of their life.
      October 20, 2019 12:47 AM MDT

There are a lot of women out there who have the same complaint about guys and I get to hear all about it from the singles in my life but that probably doesn't help you out a whole lot.  Some people don't meet their partners until later in life.  My husband married me when he was 39 and I'm his first wife so there's always hope.

I guess I'll start off by telling you what NOT to do as a single person.  Don't hang out in some of the bad parts of the internet that are for chronically single people (looking at you, Reddit).  OK, most of Reddit's pretty good, but quite a few of the subreddits where people have bad luck with dating are pretty much cesspools and here's part of the reason why; meet Damien.  He's one of my cousins.  I see him whenever I go to Minnesota for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner with part of my mom's side of the family.  Damien's favorite things to talk about are pick-up artistry and red pill stuff but everybody else that the table just pretty much rolls their eyes at him and the reason why everybody rolls their eyes at him is because he's never had a girlfriend in his life.  He's complained more than once at the dinner table about his wonderful advice getting downvoted on reddit so umm yeah, he's the guy giving people relationship advice online.  That's like a guy who's really terrible with money always giving people financial advice (looking at you, Father-In-Law), but I guess that's a story for another time.

Anyway, relationships for the most part just kind of happen, which probably doesn't help you out a whole lot either.  I met my husband because he was friends with my brother. They met each other on EP so they decided to become friends IRL.  It took my husband three years to notice I existed but after three years of smiling at him and doing nice things for him and calling him in the wee hours of the morning he finally asked me on a date!  It seems like guys are really bad at knowing when a girl likes him so just keep paying attention because there might be someone who likes you already but you're just not noticing!  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

This post was edited by Livvie at October 20, 2019 8:32 AM MDT
      October 20, 2019 2:36 AM MDT

“Hello, is this the Pulitzer Committee?  I have name of the top nominee for next year‘s Prize . . . “

~
      October 20, 2019 8:24 AM MDT

I think each case is unique. What do you bring to the table? What are you about? What is it you are looking for?

Self confidence is important, a positive attitude, and being approachable. There is no one do-all solution, because people are so different. Generally people attract and are drawn to others like themselves. Someone may already be near to you now, or will be at some unexpected moment. 

Tom Edison failed many thousands of times, but look at his results. 

Best advice: Don’t give up, she’s out there. Keep your eyes open and be the best version of yourself. 

October 20, 2019 7:19 AM MDT

Great advice!
    ~
      October 20, 2019 8:25 AM MDT

You need a friend.  Start with making a friend and don't look for a girlfriend.  Try that.  
      October 20, 2019 7:22 AM MDT

Spot on!
    ~
      October 20, 2019 8:25 AM MDT