Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » What are giving out for Halloween this year? Or are you going to hide in your house with the lights off until trick-or-treat is over?

What are giving out for Halloween this year? Or are you going to hide in your house with the lights off until trick-or-treat is over?

Posted - October 30, 2019

Responses

My husband bought several cases of Hershey's Chocolate Full-Size Variety Packs at Wal-Mart and then he bought lots of those plastic pumpkin-shaped Halloween buckets and filled each bucket with Kit Kat Wafer Bars, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars and Hershey's Milk Chocolate with Almonds Bars so everybody that comes to our house will get one of those pre-filled pumpkin-shaped Halloween buckets!

We live in the middle of nowhere but every year a few parents drive their kids way out here for trick-or-treating so we just make it worth their time.
      October 30, 2019 6:07 AM MDT

Very! Very! Very! Very! COOL!!!!!!!
      October 30, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

• Nice :) you’re the JACKPOT house. 
      October 30, 2019 5:03 PM MDT

Hi Jamie~ I just hit your like button and it came up undefined.  I just would like to "define,"  I think your answer is a JackPot!  Maybe that's better for our computers.  Mine and yours seem to want us to be more descriptive in our likes! 
    Big Winks and Smiles!
      October 30, 2019 5:12 PM MDT

• Haha :) we can’t be defined ;) 
      October 30, 2019 5:13 PM MDT

Exactly!!!  :) :)
      October 30, 2019 5:26 PM MDT

We are on a side road so do not get any trick or treaters. We decorate the yard but still nothing. But we do buy a bag of candy bars just in case. 
      October 30, 2019 6:18 AM MDT

YeAAA!  Us too.  We figure if anyone does come, we are ready!!  I would love to live in a neighborhood, just for this night and see all the kiddlets and their costumes.  :) :)
      October 30, 2019 11:03 AM MDT

• I used to buy a bag too just in case but never get any kids. I used to just bring them into work after but I don’t want to be nice anymore to coworkers :) 
      October 30, 2019 5:04 PM MDT

Small candy bars from the Mars company that you get a zillion of in a bag. We get lots of brats each year and usually run out. The weather is supposed to be real crappy, though.
      October 30, 2019 6:56 AM MDT

Here too. There is a chance snow....
      October 30, 2019 2:07 PM MDT

• Our weather is supposed to be crazy tomorrow too. Poor kids :/   
      October 30, 2019 5:06 PM MDT

Poor us...sitting on the porch for two hours. I think I'll just leave the bowl with a sign that says two pieces only please. Or get stoned and don't give a crap how nasty it is.
      October 30, 2019 5:31 PM MDT

• Get stoned and DGAF sounds like a good plan. 
      October 30, 2019 5:34 PM MDT

DGAF is my norm.
      October 30, 2019 5:36 PM MDT

No one has come to our apartment building in years.  I don't even buy candy anymore.  
      October 30, 2019 7:21 AM MDT

• Meh, trick or treating seems to be a dying tradition. I loved it when I was a kid. 
      October 30, 2019 5:07 PM MDT

When we were kids, we trick or treated in our apartment building.  It's a fun, kid thing to do, but at some point, we were too old and stopped.  Kids today have much of their celebrations done either in school or day care, so they don't come around to the apartment buildings.  Then, none of the buildings had locked front doors and you could get in.  Today, you need to have someone let you in to most of them.
      October 31, 2019 7:24 AM MDT

nothing......when I first moved to my apt. 39 years ago!!!  I bought lots of goodies.....little did I know that the kids NEVER stop at apt. bldgs.......so that was my lesson!!  but at least I had plenty of goodies for myself!!!!

in other words, lesson learned!!!  

October 30, 2019 8:12 AM MDT

• Lol, too much left over chocolate can be dangerous. 
      October 30, 2019 5:07 PM MDT

I used to celebrate Halloween to the max when we had grandkids living in the area. We had a 'Haunted Trail' and my spouse would invite all of her friends and relatives out to our 'farm'.  I would cut a trail through the woods and put up black lights and smoke machines along with eerie music. I hung up dummies and put remote ropes around their necks so I could make 'em shake as the guests walked by. I hung the family cat up above the trail in a cage to freak everyone out.  I had an old door and frame that I buried flush with the ground and popped it open and everyone jumped away when I popped out. Afterwards, all the kids would dunk for apples ,etc inside. 
      October 30, 2019 8:51 AM MDT

• Very cool :) 
      October 30, 2019 5:08 PM MDT

• My parents have been giving out Junior Mints for the past few years and it always seems to be a hit. :)
      October 30, 2019 10:54 AM MDT

• Lol :) at least not giving out little mouthwash bottles.. 
      October 30, 2019 5:08 PM MDT