Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Would you dress your children like this for Halloween?

Would you dress your children like this for Halloween?

Zombodie to love: Kynadee in full zombie gear for the ghoulish picture shoot
Zombodie to love: Kynadee in full zombie gear for the ghoulish picture shootCredit: Mediadrumimages/BobbiRylant
 Bloody hell: 10-month-old Kamden sits in a bucket of fake blood, while chomping on a 'brain'
Bloody hell: 10-month-old Kamden sits in a bucket of fake blood, while chomping on a 'brain'Credit: Mediadrumimages/BobbiRylant

They feature her daughter Kynadee, five - in full zombie makeup - clutching either a spooky doll or a blood-covered "brain".

Just as grim is her little brother, 10-month-old Kamden, pictured soaking in a metal tub filled with fake blood.

Red fluid drizzles down his face into his mouth while he feasts on the brain, held in his blood-soaked hands.

Bobbi, a part-time photographer, snapped the duo at a local lake, and in the family's garden in Oklahoma, US.

Aiming to show some seasonal fun in the run-up to Halloween, she shared the images on Facebook.

But, some people immediately posted their grave concerns as her over-the-top shots went viral and were shared more than 200,000 times.

Internet trolls claimed that her children were unsafe and should be taken away from her.

Some also criticised the lashings of blood and brains, saying it looked like an "abortion scene".

Out for blood - but it was only an afternoon of fun, using basic ingredients like cherry soda
Out for blood - but it was only an afternoon of fun, using basic ingredients like cherry sodaCredit: Mediadrumimages/BobbiRylant
 Cheeky grin: Kamden was in the container for 10 mins max, according to his creative mum
Cheeky grin: Kamden was in the container for 10 mins max, according to his creative mumCredit: Mediadrumimages/BobbiRylant

Bobbi tried to explain that her pics were "something fun for the kids for Halloween".

She said: "I was originally going to do a milk bath with pumpkins for fall, but I thought I would try this instead.

“I do want to convey that my children are very, very well taken care of. This was just for fun.

"Many people have said that my children should be taken from me and I know that is not true. My kids are the most important things in my life and they are always happy and healthy.

“I would also like to add that these were very quick shoots. My son was in that bucket for maybe 10 minutes tops."

The only problems I had to overcome during the shoots was the clean-up!

Bobbi Rylant, Mum

Bobbi said the gory photos were created with food: "The stuff on [Kamden's] head is just strawberry and chocolate syrup mixed together and the brain is just a prop from a local Halloween store."

The tub contained water mixed with a cherry soda drink.

She was a bit worried while taking photos of Kynadee at the lake, though, as her daughter got a splinter in her foot and started crying.

Bobbi said: "I was hoping no one would think I was hurting her since she looked all bloody and was screaming!"

The only real horror was cleaning the gunge up afterwards.

Posted - October 30, 2019

Responses

What is wrong with people?
      October 30, 2019 3:06 PM MDT

Well, either the parents are very secure in their parenting skills, or they have none.
      October 30, 2019 3:12 PM MDT

Back in the day we through the little monsters on a bonfire.
    I see nothing wrong with this. 
    People dress their kids like street whores for God sake. Let them have fun
      October 30, 2019 3:47 PM MDT

It is blood.  That could freak kids out. But whatever.  No one was harmed.  I think it is horrid but it is EXACTLY something I would have done myself as a kid.  Actually, I had someone run over my Denny's Uniform with a dirty car tire and I put dirt all over my body and blood and came to work as a car accident victim.   I don't think most people liked it.
      October 30, 2019 3:58 PM MDT

My son asked me if he could use my shotgun to put holes in his hoodie. LOL

After a few beers, we went at it and he blasted the crap out of it. He still has it. This post was edited by Jon at October 30, 2019 9:36 PM MDT
      October 30, 2019 4:55 PM MDT

????  SON?????
      October 30, 2019 5:15 PM MDT

Yes...My little swimmers aren't just for snacks
      October 30, 2019 5:16 PM MDT

That's okay.  I like Salmon better.

sockeye salmon cartoon This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 30, 2019 6:23 PM MDT
      October 30, 2019 5:29 PM MDT

• Mmm! Mmm!  Mmm!

Goat milk brings out the Devil in me.

(and so nutritious too)

October 30, 2019 10:40 PM MDT

through threw
      October 30, 2019 4:57 PM MDT

*sigh* Ok Randy lol 

Would you settle for "Tossed" as in "I tossed one off into a bonfire" ?
      October 30, 2019 5:03 PM MDT

Yes. And don't call me Randy! LOL.
      October 30, 2019 6:22 PM MDT

No,most likely I'd dress her in clean cloths and certainly brush her hair....I can only say that parents in America must be really lazy or their washing machine and hair brushes are broke of lost....:( 
      October 30, 2019 4:41 PM MDT

You guys started it.  They are just punk.
      October 30, 2019 5:16 PM MDT

Oh ...the Goul of you at times :(      And were not all guys over here ....   :)D 
      October 30, 2019 6:12 PM MDT

Not even for money. Very troubling. I have more respect for my kids‘ dignity than this. 

Oklahoma, huh?
    What does their pastor think of this?
    One might wonder what else is going on there.  

This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 2, 2019 4:53 PM MDT
      October 30, 2019 8:54 PM MDT

• I ALWAYS had a very unusual and sometimes questionable sense of style,
    not just at Halloween but all year 'round.
    My  parents were totally unequipped to stifle my fabulousness.

Its so much fun being me !!!

*Not an actual image of Twinkle Dink...but a damn good likeness*

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 31, 2019 1:36 AM MDT
      October 30, 2019 9:02 PM MDT

Facts! 
      October 30, 2019 10:12 PM MDT

• Its Halloween FFS.  That's what your supposed to dress as.  If I had kids I would totally encourage this over some stupid fairy princess or Spider-Man.
      October 30, 2019 9:35 PM MDT

• And pray tell what's wrong with a fairy princess or spider-man?   Hell, I've been both.  LOL!
      October 30, 2019 9:38 PM MDT

October 30, 2019 9:43 PM MDT

• Nothing wrong with it really.

t just always bored me on Halloween wearing a birthday costume. Going back to a kid I was into the dark and spooky aspect of the holiday the most.

Last week I got to dress up and chase kids with a Stihl  chainsaw after jumping from behind trees volunteering for a haunted  hayride.   Watching them scream in terror and hyperr-ventilate while running for their lives was the best part of this year.  Perhaps the entire decade.
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 31, 2019 1:37 AM MDT
      October 30, 2019 9:44 PM MDT

• Spoken like a true Psycho.  LOL!  
      October 30, 2019 10:03 PM MDT

• ;)
      October 30, 2019 10:13 PM MDT