Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Employees: if and when someone asks what your job basically entails, is it a very easy answer or a complicated one?

Employees: if and when someone asks what your job basically entails, is it a very easy answer or a complicated one?

For my job, the question simply cannot be answered by saying I do just one thing.
~

Posted - November 1, 2019

Responses

I'm just the bit of eye candy of who I live and work for.....just going into work means your working right ? :)D 
      November 1, 2019 6:17 AM MDT

I am cracking up!  Don asks me the same thing. :)  So, are you going to work today?  Granted, I DO choose to work aways from the home for a friend and have made a bit of a business out of it. BUT, can go or not go as I please.  What he is really asking is, are you going to clean the back room or go to work, go to work?  Or are you going shopping??  ;) :)
      November 1, 2019 9:00 AM MDT

I really don't do anything if I go into the office...it s actually the hardest job ever trying to look busy doing nothing....With me I'm forever  told it's more an art form....:(
      November 1, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

Obviously I'm the only one who keeps the place looking      ((((NICE)))).   Hehe This post was edited by Nice Jugs at November 1, 2019 6:55 PM MDT
      November 1, 2019 6:22 AM MDT

Winks and Smiles!!! 
      November 1, 2019 9:02 AM MDT

My job no longer entails much that is complicated.  I'm in the twilight of my working life and I'm pretty sure the only reason they keep me around is because my boss brings in a lot of money and he will not fire me.
      November 1, 2019 6:59 AM MDT

Hi Spunky~ With a name like yours, I'm sure you are a fun asset and maybe that is why he keeps you around...
    He likes you!
    I say, if he wants to pay you for just being you, why, my dear and long-time friend, that is a GREAT way to spend the twilight of your working career!  Good For You!! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at November 1, 2019 2:30 PM MDT
      November 1, 2019 9:35 AM MDT

Thanks.  He and I have been working together for more than 28 years - it's like a marriage.  In fact, he calls me his office wife. :)  I can almost always anticipate what needs to be done before he asks and that's my value.  I'm only there because he won't retire yet and I can't abandon him. :)
      November 1, 2019 12:10 PM MDT

I always answered that question with - "I work in GM ... you know, tampons and hairspray."
      November 1, 2019 9:46 AM MDT

I just got a new job description, so I could just reel that off.. Or, I could just say, I help people.
      November 1, 2019 2:30 PM MDT

• I have a  job title that I think most people could tell what I do if I tell them my title, most, not all would know what it means. 
      November 1, 2019 6:47 PM MDT

I never attempted to actually tell anyone what I did.  I just said that I was in regulatory/legal and a liaison with governmental regulatory agencies.  Most people, even though they wanted to, didn't ask for clarification.  
      November 1, 2019 8:38 PM MDT

Believe me, they really don’t want to. 

November 1, 2019 10:00 PM MDT