Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Since the 't' word was elected, I have noticed that only a handful here have confessed to be its supporters.

Since the 't' word was elected, I have noticed that only a handful here have confessed to be its supporters.

Why do you think that is? Embarrassment?

Posted - November 1, 2019

Responses

...and out of that handful, several are the same person 
    LOL

If there were such thing as a "sane" trump supporter, they probably have enough good sense to keep their shame to themselves

November 1, 2019 4:25 PM MDT

I posit it reflects the actual minority percentage who actually are ”T” sycophants. 

Is it curious that Evangelical Christians of all people, support the petulant, lying narcissist who exemplifies pretty much the opposite of their beliefs...

November 1, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

To be here, you have to be able to read. Most Trumpicans cain't. And they're married to their cousins.
      November 1, 2019 4:33 PM MDT

Half the country....I think not. 
      November 1, 2019 4:36 PM MDT

Less...Stop counting the electorate.

The skank, Hillary garnered over 3mill+ more votes than Trump. Many chose not to vote.
    Even Trump's base are abandoning him. A recent poll stated that more than half of Americans are in favor of impeachment.

November 1, 2019 4:41 PM MDT

Polls mean nothing. Polls said Hillary won by more than her 3mil in CA. If Dems want to win....they are gonna have to move out of CA etc. If the stay on the coasts....they are gonna lose more. 
      November 1, 2019 5:39 PM MDT

At no point have Trump supporters counted for half (that’s 50% for the mathematically challenged) of the total population, ...not once, on any poll, in the 2016 election, or in any study. 
      November 1, 2019 4:48 PM MDT

Clinton also did not receive half. They each split nearly half the vote. Clinton with 48% and Trump with 46% close enough to say half to me. (It is called rounding) If not for you,  oh well. It was enough for much more than half the electoral votes....

So no,  46% of the country is not illiterate and/or married to their cousins. 

This post was edited by my2cents at November 1, 2019 5:36 PM MDT
      November 1, 2019 5:35 PM MDT

Just 46% were ignorant enough to vote for the least qualified person on the ballot.  I would be curious to know how many voted against Clinton rather than for Trump.  
      November 2, 2019 8:11 AM MDT

There it is. And Clinton is not on the ballot anymore. 
      November 2, 2019 8:18 AM MDT

So, we'll see who they vote for now.  As a Democrat, I can't say I'm thrilled with any of the candidates running, but I would vote for any one of them before Trump.
      November 2, 2019 8:24 AM MDT

For someone so unqualified, he has done quite well. 
    Unemployment record lows for nearly every demographic. No trade deals...(Congress still need do their job), Islamic State lost all territory, leaders killed...etc. 
    Just imagine what could be if he was qualified...
      November 2, 2019 5:38 PM MDT

Unemployment crept up last month.  His no trade deals have just about decimated the farmers.  He may have gotten al-Baghdadi, but you can bet ISIS is not dead and he has slapped our allies in the face.  Where's the fantastic health care he promised?  Where's the infrastructure improvements he promised?  Don't know whee you live, but I can tell you that driving on the roads here in New York is like driving down a street in Aleppo with all the potholes.  So far, all I can see that he's done is undo whatever had Obama's signature on it.  That's not doing, that's just "undoing."
      November 3, 2019 7:16 AM MST

Of course there are still Islamic State members....there are still Al Qaeda members as well. There have been Islamic terrorists for centuries...just the names and faces change. We wjll never completely rid the world of them. But we can make sure they know if they show the head we will blow it off. 

We have to stand up to China. Presidents have campaigned on it over and over Trump is the first with the strength to do it. We have programs for the farmers affected by the tariffs. 
    You want infastructure etc...tell Congress to pass it. 
      November 3, 2019 9:42 AM MST

Standing up to China is a matter of negotiating a better trade deal, not hitting them with exorbitant tariffs and then they do the same to us.  The programs for the farmers affected by this policy benefit the big farms - not the little farmers who just about manage to eke out a living.  

Talk about Congress passing bills - there are 400 bills introduced and passed by the House which are sitting in the dead bill file on McConnell's desk.  He hasn't seen fit to bring any of them up for a vote in the Senate.  I thought John Boehner and Paul Ryan were bad, but McConnell makes both of them look like Boy Scouts.
      November 3, 2019 1:32 PM MST

Why would China agree to a better deal on our side if they had no reason to do it. Like eliminating tariffs. 
    All farmers are eligible....just have to have planted an effected crop. Yes, bigger farms would have larger crop amount affected and vice versa. It is based on a percentage.

That is how it works when we have a divided congress...they pass things they know have zero chance in the other side. 
    But if House passed a clean infrastructure bill it would pass. But they want higher taxes with it.  This post was edited by my2cents at November 5, 2019 9:19 AM MST
      November 3, 2019 3:36 PM MST

The small farmers are the ones that would be hurt more by Trump's policy and, therefore, should get the larger payment - not the other way around.  How many small farmers will lose those farms because of his idiocy?

They pass bills they know the Senate will never pass?  Are you serious?  They pass bills because that's what they're supposed to do.  If McConnell would bring it up in the Senate, they could work on a compromise and get something done.  What is McConnell afraid of - that something the Democrats propose will actually work?  
      November 4, 2019 7:42 AM MST

It is based on what you plant. No, they should not be paid more because they are small. 

Yes, they pass bills they know will not pass for a talking point...look what did we passed X number of bills. And the other side will not even vote. Both sides do it. House did the same thing when Reps had it and Reid was in charge. It is a game both parties play. 
    If they truly wanted to pass a bill they would get together and find a compromise....but neither want that. Want their talking points and both bases also do not want bipartisanship. That will get them primaried. 
      November 4, 2019 7:59 AM MST

If that's the case, then how did Obama manage to get so much done that Trump is busy undoing?
      November 4, 2019 2:29 PM MST

Because for part of his term he had full Congress complete with a filibuster-proof Senate.  After that changed and Dems lost House is when Obama said he had his "Phone and pen" which he would use to get things done. This why Trump was able to undo many things quickly. Things put into law by executive order can be and normally are reversed by executive order by the opposite party. 
      November 5, 2019 4:26 AM MST

Trump has done the same thing with his executive orders.  When the GOP had the majority in all three branches, what did they accomplish?  Where's the fantastic new health care?  Where's the infrastructure bill?
      November 5, 2019 5:14 AM MST

Trump did not have 60 votes in the Senate (Obama did...they passed Obamacare without one Rep vote) McCain abandoned healthcare at the last minute. So that went down in flames. 
    The only reason Tax cuts were passed was because of process rule that only required 50 in Sen. 
    Were there 10 Dems who would have voted for it in the Senate without raising taxes? I do think there were. 
      November 5, 2019 6:37 AM MST

So, you're saying that because Trump didn't have 60 votes in the Senate, the healthcare and infrastructure bills should have just been forgotten about rather than try to get some kind of compromise?  
      November 5, 2019 8:23 AM MST

It is the Dems not willing to compromise.  Are Dems gonna vote to repeal and replace OC?  Nope. Are they going to do anything for infrastructure? No, nothing that will give Trump a win.  We know they did not care one bit about debt with Obama was in....it just like so much else is just a talking point for the minority party whatever that party maybe. 

With the exceptions of Ron and Rand Paul. The rest really do not care a bit. 
      November 5, 2019 9:17 AM MST