Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Can I get an "Hello" from my friends after not having peeked in here for over a year?

Can I get an "Hello" from my friends after not having peeked in here for over a year?

Basically I just want to wave at everyone and want you to know that I am o.k. My husband's very good state of health went down during Christmas time 2018 and in February 2019 he lost total kidney function because of a blood disorder he was diagnosed with in 2004. Next to getting hemodialysis 3 x per week for 4 hrs. each time he had several hospital stays and surgeries, including an heart valve replacement and a stroke followed. Afterwards he was in Stroke Rehab and then he received Physical Therapy in our trailer and he exercises walks now with a rollator/walker. I had to drive him to all appointments and events after not really having driven our long heavy truck for 10 years. I was suddenly a driver, a nurse, a dietitian and doing any heavy chore in our household myself. My hubby is 86 and I will be 84 this month. He had lost so much weight that he still looks like a skeleton with skin. But since September I have another nice small car, our old dually chevy with a crew cab and an 8' bed, which stalled almost at every light, is gone. Our trailer cannot be moved anymore by us - well - it cannot be anyway. We both would not be able to anymore. Our travel times are finally over. We reside in a nice RV Park in Central Florida. ....My nerves are relaxing now and I find time for socializing in the internet again. My little black appointment book looks light now on the inside, during the summer months I had to drive every day to all kind of doctors, labs and hospitals. My spirit must get used to the fact that my life with hubby went from 100% to 5% in a few minutes. I was a nurses aide and I know all the facts of ailments, but when it comes to own mate, the world looks just bleak. Sorry, friends, but I had to vent. You can try to make me laugh out loud again. I almost forgot how to do that. 

Posted - November 4, 2019

Responses

HI , Nice to see you back, hope things keep improving for you..xxxx
      November 4, 2019 6:08 PM MST

It's good to see you White Hair.  I'm not on Facebook much and miss seeing those familiar faces that do not frequent this site.  I'm truly happy to hear that hubby is improving.  I always heard that German women were the strongest among females.    Take good care!!
      November 4, 2019 10:33 PM MST

• Thanks so much, Thrifty. Wonderful to see you again. What you heard is true. 
      November 5, 2019 6:11 PM MST

I'm German as well.  
      November 5, 2019 6:15 PM MST

• Now - as you mentioned it - I faintly remember.... My memory is also old. I always have a piece of paper and a pen next to me, it is best for me when I make notes about things. 
      November 5, 2019 6:35 PM MST

Hallo,  Weißhaar. We missed you.
    Sorry to hear of the troubles you have had recently, hopefully things will improve - it seems that your husband is tough. A survivor.
      November 5, 2019 3:02 AM MST

• Thank you, Startibartfast. My husband is the toughest of men. A survivor many times over.  It is nice to talk with my mugger friends again.
      November 5, 2019 6:18 PM MST

• Greetings Whitehair.

I must apologize and admit that I don't know you all that well but would like to wish you a big "Welcome Back" just the same.  Its always so nice to see more faces around here.  I've been known to come and go on site a few times myself. I always miss everyone when I'm gone and so enjoy interacting with them again upon returning.  Hope you can stay for a while and perhaps we will get to know one another. 

Blessings to you,
    from answerMug's resident "Twinkle Dink".
      November 5, 2019 3:39 AM MST

• That is so nice of you, I like your welcome. May I call you Twinkle? 
      November 5, 2019 6:23 PM MST

Good to see you are well
    and back on the scene.
    Many Blessings be with you all.
    Keep celebrating life...
    and be well.
    Cheers
      November 9, 2019 7:40 AM MST

November 29, 2019 3:53 PM MST

• Thank you, friend! When I imagine you, I would not think of Seinfeld, but rather of some of the types I myself like very much. 
      November 29, 2019 4:51 PM MST