Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » When you hang up your shirts in the closet, do they face left or right? Or do you just put them in there randomly?

When you hang up your shirts in the closet, do they face left or right? Or do you just put them in there randomly?

Posted - November 13, 2019

Responses

What's is this strange term ... "hang up"?   I keep my shirts in the dryer.
      November 13, 2019 4:24 PM MST

That's convenient.
      November 13, 2019 5:03 PM MST

That's what I've always said.  Yet can you believe that some people have the nerve to call me lazy?
      November 13, 2019 8:25 PM MST

They face left ALWAYS.
      November 13, 2019 9:48 PM MST

You would think you’re looking at a military clothing inspection if you glanced at my closet. Ok, here we go:

From left to right, it starts with all the trousers. They begin from the lightest color (white) to the darkest color (black).  White, khaki, tan, brown, green, red, blue, grey, black.  Each pair is placed on its hanger with the legs to the left, and on the right side, the zipper faces outward from the closet. 
      Then the shirts. They do not follow the color scheme because they are on a rotation based on when they were worn last. The shirts fresh from the laundry room are placed on the left, and as I select a shirt to wear either daily or weekly, it comes from the fat far right side of the closet. The opening of the shirts face to the left, the back of the shirt faces to the right, the left sleeve faces the outside of the closet. 
      We’re not done yet. 
      Shoes. Like the trousers, shoes are aligned by color, from lightest to darkest, but in addition to that, by type. Dress shoes to the farthest right, then casual, then athletic, then slippers. Boots are aligned separately, but they are all black, and there are fewer of them.
      I won’t even go into describing the sock drawer, underwear drawer, t-shirt drawer, belts, neckties, headgear, wrist watches, and accessories. You’ve had enough, I’m sure. 
    This post was edited by Randy D at December 9, 2019 9:53 PM MST
      November 14, 2019 3:04 AM MST

They face right as to my slacks.
      November 14, 2019 8:01 AM MST

fat  far
    Red trou? Yeah...I guess they look OK.

This post was edited by Element 99 at December 9, 2019 9:53 PM MST
      November 14, 2019 12:30 PM MST

They face left and I shouldn't dream of positioning them using a random number generator.

I put them in on the right and take them out on the left so effectively rotating them, as I do with all my hang up clothing.  

November 14, 2019 4:40 PM MST

A Closet is a WC ,Toilet,John ,Lavatory in Britain and we certainly don't leave our cloths in there unless we've had to many Sherbets that night....  :( 
      November 14, 2019 4:53 PM MST

• Mine are queer and ultra liberal.  They face left.
      November 14, 2019 5:02 PM MST

Mine always face right. I suppose there is no reason why they have to face the same way, but it's how I've done it as long as I remember. Same with coats and jackets.
      December 9, 2019 3:40 PM MST

I've only just cone out of the closet and it looks like I don't have a shirt to my name....:( 
      December 9, 2019 4:10 PM MST

Mine face the center.  If on the left side of the closet they face right and vice versa. 
      December 9, 2019 4:31 PM MST