Discussion » Statements » Bloomberg is a rich-as-sin, entitled moron who thinks he can disguise himself as a Democrat and meanwhile usurp any chance for democracy.

Bloomberg is a rich-as-sin, entitled moron who thinks he can disguise himself as a Democrat and meanwhile usurp any chance for democracy.

GET HIM GONE.

Posted - November 28, 2019

Responses

What makes you think Bloomberg is a moron? 
      November 28, 2019 10:23 AM MST

Oh no.  

Really?  

Where do I begin.  He is gumming up the works.  Should we start there?  He has NO dog in this fight besides supporting other billiionaires and he is NOT going to improve the economy with TAX CUTS for billionaires though he can well afford to SOLVE everything if he just really spent the money in good ways.

HE WILL NOT.  But you can tell me why you even ASKED this.  For starters.  

How can someone with ALL the MONEY be expected to keep his own interests clear and free from the public's and how do we stop him from buying up everyone who agrees with him like Donnie has?  YOU CAN'T.  There is no reason to trust a BILLIONAIRE who has shown ZERO signs of ever being a political animal bent on improving life for the average American.  

OKAY?   Bernie is rich. He has spent every waking second doing just that.  Fighting for what is FAIR.  Fighting for people who are forced to give half their earnings to THE RICH.  They are TAX EXEMPT?  WHY?  How much freaking money do you all need anyway? 

Who do YOU want?   I know you have bucks.  I hope that is not affecting your ability to be fair and just and not back a moron who thinks your money is more important than my ability to have affordable health care and a better education that I don't have to spend the rest of my life paying for. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 28, 2019 11:00 AM MST
      November 28, 2019 10:55 AM MST

I think it might be useful to set aside your bias against wealthy people merely because they are wealthy people. 
    Politics aside, I think amount of success Bloomberg has built from his humble beginnings (he was an Eagle Scout, btw) attests to his not being a moron. 
    Like you, and every candidate for office, he does have a dog in this fight, because he’s an American, apparently as sick as you are of the current disgrace in the WH. The current crop of Dems could use more voices and choices. I don’t think he’ll be nominated at the end, but his part in the campaign against Trump may prove worthwhile. 

November 28, 2019 11:27 AM MST

Honest that is NOT it.  I have been around wealth my entire life.  I am not ghetto.  

I am not trusting a man who has it all, has never had a dog in any political venture and thinks he can buy his way into this race.  I don't trust him and it has nothing to do with any bias. Just because I call him out on it, doesn't mean I hate rich people. But, it is impossible to trust a man who has zero proof that he is anything BUT a rich basta--d who cares NOTHING about what he is doing to this race and everything to do about protecting his rich backers who have no interest in protecting the planet.  OKAY?  
      November 28, 2019 11:42 AM MST

Bloomberg ran for President previously. 
      November 28, 2019 2:28 PM MST

Yes, he's rich - but that's not necessarily a crime.
    There are ways to have and use money that are very beneficial to society by creating jobs
    and by donations to worthwhile causes - education, medicine, healthy food and swags for the homeless, shelters for violated families and so on.

His life has been a very conventional one, banking, stockbroking etc.
    The banks have followed some very dubious practices ever since de-regulation.
    The USA hasn't had any whistle-blowers yet - but when it does, the shit will hit the fan big time.
    Stockbroking is not inherently bad - it's just a tool of trade like any other. But it does have some ethical problems associated with it. One is the law that allows big corporations to behave like psychopaths in relation to human, social and ecological needs. The development of ethical investment can and does create some pressure towards reform - but only a few companies really listen to and care about it.
    The other is the futures market - which is really just a form of high falutin' gambling; it does no real good for anyone.
    So, given his background, he could be one of the culprits who contributes to the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.
    We don't know yet exactly how good or bad he is in the ways he made his money or the way he spends it.

I say we need to wait a bit while the journalists suss out his background in more depth.
    Now that he's announced his candidature, it's certain that people from all sides will be starting to investigate him.

I don't object to someone funding his own campaign because it saves the party supporters having to foot the bill.
    But I do think there could be a better system; that all candidates (after a thorough independent vetting at public cost), receive 100% public funding for their campaigns. The sum for each candidate is exactly the same. How they spend the money is up to them, but every cent must be accounted for and proved as having been spent on nothing but the campaign - and any leftovers returned.
    This would mean that rich people don't have an advantage over well-qualified people with less money. It would also reduce the power of the major parties and allow a broader representation of policies.

Check-out Bloomberg on Wiki.
    He did have a brief flirtation with the Republicans, but for most of his life, he's been a keen Democrat and the majority his policies are very much in line with Democratic ideas. This post was edited by inky at November 28, 2019 6:08 PM MST
      November 28, 2019 3:35 PM MST