Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Dog owners and cat owners, are there any of you who DO NOT assume that other people automatically want to pet your pet, or to have your pet

Dog owners and cat owners, are there any of you who DO NOT assume that other people automatically want to pet your pet, or to have your pet

rub its fur all over them? 

This question refers to those those pet owners who either allow or in some cases make their pets jump onto a person’s lap, climb all over a person, cuddle up to a person, etc.

~

Posted - December 1, 2019

Responses

Yes but they are not in my house with my pets. 
    You asked about me (the pet owner) 

I do not have to read minds. There are people who do not like animals. I put them up when those come over. There are people who my cat does not like, I also put him up when they come over. 
    If it is a new person I already said I put the animals up. 
    It it is a delivery person, I make sure the cat cannot get to the door. 
    As I said if the animal is bothering the guest I will make the animal listen. 

So, I have no idea what the random people in the rest of the world have to do with the question. They are not near my pets nor their fur. This post was edited by my2cents at December 3, 2019 5:43 AM MST
      December 3, 2019 5:39 AM MST

Most people are frightened of my dog - Staffies get a bum rap. She's the friendliest pet I've ever had, but I do have to physically restrain her from loving people too much. She knocked my elderly mother-in-law over, thankfully the sofa was behind her and she understands dogs. A 70lb lump of clumsy enthusiasm.
      December 3, 2019 12:11 AM MST

A true Stafforshire Terrier, they can either be good good or bad.  We have seen both types.  Her they are called Kampf Hund and require special registration.  Note there are 10-11 defined Kampf Hund here and must wear a muzzzle at all times outside of the house.
      December 4, 2019 5:29 AM MST

If you come into our house you have to deal with the Resident Labradors.  They are well behaved and well trained.  They will release and come over to you if we tell them release.  Do not object to fur in our house, it actually belongs to them we just pay the bills
      December 4, 2019 5:26 AM MST