Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What movies have made you cry?

What movies have made you cry?

it’s been a while since I’ve done my movie thing. Which movies/shows have made you cry? is that actually a thing that happens to you or are you unaffected by fiction?

Posted - December 5, 2019

Responses

I still haven't seen the movie. Like I said, I read the book and was emotinoally-and-intellectually moved quite a lot. 

But I don't think I'd want to see it played out in front of me as a movie, though. :)

YET -- as a young teen, I read the novelization-book "Night of the Living Dead". It was a movie first and one of the screenwriters wrote / reworked the movie into a book/novel-form. A great book! I read it and a year-or-so later saw the movie -- it remains my favorite movie! A scene from it is my avatar on this site. :)

My point- - the book/plot is incredibly upsetting to me but I still love the movie! Ha!
    :)
      March 23, 2020 12:29 PM MDT

You're kidding?  I have pondered your avatar for years.  My conclusion was it was an album cover and right this feeble moment (I'm showing my vunerable side on knowing the album cover and the artist and not sure if I'm putting them together correctly,) thought it was a Led Zepplin album cover?? 
    Am I kind of right in the simularities?  
      March 23, 2020 12:49 PM MDT

I'll have to look up any Led Zeppelin album covers for similarities. I don't know. :)

But, no --- my avatar is my 110% love for George Romero's original 1968 black-and-white movie "Night of the Living Dead."

Here is a bigger picture of the scene/my avatar :) Enjoy!!
    SUCH a great movie for me!!

Image result for night of  the living dead

March 23, 2020 1:03 PM MDT

Lars von Trier's "Dancer in the Dark"

"The Shawshank Redemption"

"Ordinary People"  - -  it took me beyond tears -- as the ending credits rolled, I got up and left my friends still sitting there. I went outside the theater in the night darkness and just stood there. And breathed.
      March 20, 2020 5:44 PM MDT

Far to many to list..
    Wonderful Life.
    Captains Couragous .
    Saving Private Ryan 
    Ghost....
    Jean De Florette & Manor Des Sources... Both ,French both wonderful....

Cassablanca ,when they sing the French Anthem...That has to be the most Heart stirring and emotive Anthem in the world  
    Notebook...
    Overboard.
    The old B/w Rape of Nanking....I cried through the whole film..
    The Quiet Man....John Wayne 
    Bigfoot and the Hendersons ..
    Last of the Mohicans
    Dances with Wolves...
    Snow White....

March 20, 2020 7:07 PM MDT