Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » In your opinion, which movie had TOO MANY top stars in its all-star cast? ~

In your opinion, which movie had TOO MANY top stars in its all-star cast? ~

Posted - December 12, 2019

Responses

Easily the newer "Oceans" moves..Oceans 11, 12 & 13
    The original film was great. The remake and its sequels are garbage and nothing more than Hollywood a-lister machismo circle j*rks This post was edited by Jon at December 14, 2019 2:40 AM MST
      December 12, 2019 7:21 AM MST

:)

I haven't seen any of those movies, even the original.

December 13, 2019 6:21 AM MST

lol

Well, that is a good thing. Save your time and your brain cells. the earlier version featuring Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Angie Dickinson, Ceaser Romero, Samm Davis Jr (to name a few) was easily the best, smartest, and most entertaining film as well as being a classic. 

This entire discussion is going to lead me down the proverbial rabbit hole on film re-makes and ain't nobody got time for that. lol This post was edited by Jon at December 13, 2019 3:35 PM MST
      December 13, 2019 9:49 AM MST

(Had another idea to post something to you in reply but didn't realize the time. Out of here. Hope I remember to post my idea.)

December 13, 2019 3:42 PM MST

I've always sort of liked Angie Dickinson in whatever I've seen her in.

It's not too exciting a comment, I guess, but your reply to me made me first think about quite liking director Zack Snyder's 2004 remake of George Romero's "Dawn of the Dead."

Funny, I looked up images from the movie and nowhere in any of the numerous group shots was actor Ty Burrell, who is the most memorable character for me. (And not just because I find him very handsome, ha!)

But here he is in the movie --  as much as I like Romero's original, this one is a great movie for me, too. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Image result for ty burrell dawn of the dead This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 13, 2019 10:24 PM MST
      December 13, 2019 8:42 PM MST

There are some remakes which are good. Not all. My main issues is...  "WHY?" Intellectual laziness? Why are fil-makers incapable of coming up with fresh new ideas?  In a way, it proves that they are only looking at the bottom line ($) rather than the creative end result by trying to rehash a proven element. Take for example superhero films like Batman & Spiderman...I mean...WTF?
      December 13, 2019 10:27 PM MST

Oh, I get it. Yeah, I see your point.
      December 13, 2019 10:31 PM MST

I have watched hardly ANY superhero movies. i think only the first two "Superman" movies -- and the draw is actor Christopher Reeve, ha.
    I have no interest whatsoever in superhero movies.

Hell, my favorite superhero has always been "Underdog" anyway. And in case there is some Underdog movie out there, I don't care - - I only like the original cartoon, with Wally Cox doing the voice. Maybe the cartoon was from the 1960's or somewhere around there but I'm unsure.
      December 13, 2019 10:37 PM MST

Oh...Yes! I did see the remake of Dawn of the Dead. I quite enjoyed it. It was not on par with the original, but it was a fun film for sure
      December 13, 2019 10:28 PM MST

it did have a sense of 'fun' about it, yeah. Burrell's character, for example.

I especially remember the ending credits to the movie, which roll while we see the actual ending of the movie. And that great song about "Get Down with the Sickness" plays over it all.

December 13, 2019 10:33 PM MST

The Italian Job, the original was great the remake OK to predictable
      December 13, 2019 11:32 AM MST

Rock of Ages. Cruise was horribly miscast, probably should have switched roles with Russell Brand. A bomb and a turkey.
      December 14, 2019 1:01 AM MST

I admit that I’m 100% biased, but I believe that having Tom Cruise in one’s movie is Recipe #1 for disasterville. 

December 14, 2019 1:04 AM MST