Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » How much is a pint of draught beer in a normal Bar or a Pub where ever you might live... Plus the dearest and cheapest you can buy them for

How much is a pint of draught beer in a normal Bar or a Pub where ever you might live... Plus the dearest and cheapest you can buy them for

I don't mean beer to carry out or take home.....just to be drunk on the premises. 

Posted - December 14, 2019

Responses

An average pint of Coors Light, not on happy hour, would probably set you back about 10 bucks.

Pretty scary since you could buy a six pack for about the same price.
    Some people don't like to drink at home or alone.  That is figured in the price.  Some people really like a "Cheers" atmosphere.  I know I did. :)
    Now, I would rather lounge around in my own home, with Don.
    Besides, I just don't have time any more. 
      December 14, 2019 7:59 PM MST

That's £ 7.50 in English money . That's just extortion really...We have a pub chain here in England where you can get an 20 fluid ounces= 1 imperial pint of beer for £2.50 ....
    10 pints would cost £75 ....as apposed to £25 ......What is the cost of living like where you live and the average working persons wage ? 
      December 14, 2019 8:18 PM MST

Salaries in Los Angeles range between 1,087 USD per month (minimum salary) to 35,557 USD per month (maximum salary). The median salary is 8,271 USD per month, which means that half (50%) of the population are earning less than 8,271 USD while the other half are earning more than 8,271 USD.

I'm crossing my fingers.  Did that copy??
      December 14, 2019 8:29 PM MST

Thank you Nice Jugs for the vote. :) :)
    Also, I forgot to mention, probably the cheapest you can buy a pint for would be around 4 bucks.  That would be Pabst Blue Ribbon, I think.  I don't know of any bars that have that on tap but it is the cheapest beer I can think of off the top of my head.
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at December 15, 2019 8:58 AM MST
      December 14, 2019 8:07 PM MST

Some pubs charge £5 and wonder why the get no trade...
    All pubs and bars have beers on tap over here ,unless they cater for the upper class twits that frequent them and only drink a certain brand of bottled beer..
      December 14, 2019 8:28 PM MST

Kind of snobbish, hu?  
    Granted, I  do like a very nice beer.  I'm sure most people do.  But, to think it is below them to drink something like Pabst Blue Ribbon is ridiculous!  Underneath it all, bubbles are good and if you can catch a buzz off the bubbles, all the better!! 
    Big Winks and Smiles!!
      December 14, 2019 8:35 PM MST

I tend to tip anything down my neck if I like the taste....I don't care who makes it ,after the first one,it all begins to taste the same when your laying on the floor...:(    Lol
      December 14, 2019 10:32 PM MST

I know what you're saying.  Close your eyes and open your mind.  It amazing what you can swallow when you aren't looking. 
      December 15, 2019 11:59 AM MST

About $5.00 but that's for Canadian beer which is very very powerful so its worth ever penny. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 14, 2019 8:22 PM MST

What percent is it ? We have beers that are 19 percent....they are horrible as well....:( 
      December 14, 2019 8:31 PM MST

Quick!  Look at your number!  It is 12121!!
    Very Cool!!
    I love it when things like that happen!!! This post was edited by Merlin at December 15, 2019 8:59 AM MST
      December 14, 2019 8:36 PM MST

What is the number for....I don't look at it as I don't know why it's there....?
      December 14, 2019 10:34 PM MST

Hi~ Sorry for the delay.  I was distracted by a documentary done on Mel Brooks.  Don was watching it in the other room and it caught my attention.
    To the best of my knowledge, that number signifies how many interactions you have had while being on AnswerMug.  It is a cool little number.
    You receive certain points every time you ask a question.  You receive points when people like your suggestions or answers to any question.  If you are making an effort to be a participant in the answerMug community, your number will reflect that. :) :)
    It wasn't set up for a competition.  You could be a really great person, who wants very badly to be part of the answerMug tribe, and only have a few points.  Your number may be low but it doesn't mean your number won't rise if you are a person who cares and are trying to fit in.
    I like the number because it gives positive reinforcement for all.  I don't think you ever get knocked points.  It isn't meant  as if you are being graded or judged.  You're not.   
    For me, it is rewarding.  I like to be part of answerMug.  I have met incredible people and made friendships that are very important to me.

All in all, it is a number that counts your contributions. If your company and interactions are good and you only have 15 points, you still are important.  You could have 15, quazillion points and be a "bla" person.  Either way, like all numbers, it just counts!
    :) :)
      December 14, 2019 11:16 PM MST

I could be totally wrong on this... I say after I posted my thoughts on the issue.
    If I am, I hope someone corrects me and gives you a more accurate answer. 
    ;) :)
    That is one of the beauties of answerMug.  You CAN be wrong and normally someone will catch it.  They are gentle with me and I'm sure they will be with you, too! This post was edited by Merlin at December 15, 2019 9:00 AM MST
      December 14, 2019 11:29 PM MST

I met some good once on Answerbsg...some lived far far away and others on my own doorstep....how wierd are strange encounters, one never knows who or where we will meet people we grow to like so much..
    You can tell a lot about a person ,just from the comments they leave others and youself I think..

I still know very little about this site and I've been a member for a good few years now...Ten years on AB and the mug....
    We don't all have to agree....but it's good if we are all like minded to a point....lol
      December 14, 2019 11:42 PM MST

Indeed. :)  It goes to show that very bizarre phenomenon. 
    It doesn't seem to matter where you are geographically.  Underneath the physical part, people of a similiar mind set will seek out each other.
    The saying, "Birds of a feather will flock together," holds true. 
    It doesn't mean we all look the same or act the same.  We don't write the same and probably don't speak the same.  Some of us may know many languages and some just one.
    But, somewhere we will flock.  We all have a common ground and that is here.  
    I find it very rewarding. The humor, the age group, the intelligence, and the overall group of people here is just right. :) :).
    It doesn't matter the size or how many personalities play here.  What matters it the ability to combine thoughts, images, and feelings freely.
    I have never felt abused or judged.  Even if we don't agree.  We agree to not agree. 
    JA and the community that she has attracted are top dogs in my book.
    I'm not one who can speak much about q and a sites or communities such as this; but, from what I've heard and what little I know about them, this is the only fit for me.
    :) :)
    I had to come back and spell intellegence, intelligence, correctly.  Of all the words to misspell!  Huge Smiles!!  It would have been great if it wasn't a literal mistake but being the honest person I am, I had to come back and fix it.  I could feel Randy's eyes on the back of my head.  Big Giggles. This post was edited by Merlin at December 15, 2019 9:01 AM MST
      December 15, 2019 12:30 AM MST

It's funny ,if you are from countries around China ,like Korea and other close by countries.....I read once that they can all read the same newspapers but can't speak the same language ...not sure how true that is either...
    I can't recall anyone being overly rude to me on here ....not every one agrees ,but they would if they were standing close to me....grrrrrr lol
      December 15, 2019 12:54 AM MST

I'm sure they would see your view. I can't read or speak Korean or Chinese.  Then again, I'm not in a country close to China.
    Many people speak farsi here.  I think that is a combination of a bunch of different languages.  I just giggle, grrr, smile and nod, or pretend I am doing something on my phone.
    The underline thought I find myself trying to make is it doesn't matter how you project yourself.  The same person will be attracted to same person, regardless of their gender, language, location, color, or how they portray themselves.  Like on the internet, for example.  I use the name Merlin. When people don't know me, it is a safe assumption I am a guy.  Even when I talk about Don, I could be a guy. Until a person starts reading me and gets to know me, they may go with that assumption.  It's fine with me.  If you can't categorize a person with your five senses, you find you are attracted to the same person, regardless of what character they may be playing.
    ;) :)
    I might be good at being in front of the camera but only have one personality.  Many people are born actors and actresses and can do a very convincing act.  It is a true talent. 
    I tried, once, to be someone other than Merlin or MerlinNme.  I couldn't do it.  I was a give-a-way the first post I tried to post on Ask.com.  I can't seem to change my writing style or technique to convince even a slug.  :) 
      December 15, 2019 1:55 AM MST

We all leave a part of us ,big or small behind like a fingerprint no matter what we do or say....the harer you try not to ,the more you seem to leave I think...
    There is definitely a different writing style between male and female I think....
    I Think it's almost impossible to be able to get away being another gender 100% of the time with out making any mistakes that others could pick up on...
    I have three brothers and two sisters and our family home is centred around my father and the guys that work for him...Most all are a bit rough and ready ,but really a bunch of good guys that will do anything for my dad...
    Ive been to work with them all and had to get use to all their banter .....The days can insanely funny and often so  near the mark....
    I still use my dads workshop to make alsorts of wooden  things...I can turn my hand to most all trades ,yet you'd never dream it if you see me dressed for going out.....lol

I'm no accidemic when it comes to putting pen to paper though....  but it doesn't bother me in the slightest....lol
      December 15, 2019 3:01 AM MST

I swear, if you two would just  please go somewhere and get a room, I will pay for it myself! 

~
      December 15, 2019 3:17 AM MST

You are praying we would invite you to be the tripod on the camera you dream we are using.
    Thanks for the offer... But, fat chance, Boogie Woogie Randy!!
      December 15, 2019 12:29 PM MST

Wait, what?  Why is everyone so suspicious of my motives all the time?  Did you stop to think that maybe I just want to be friends?  

(By the way, you two look very cute there together next to each other, and that’s all very fine and good, but one of you or both of you should get up and go make a sandwich for me before your festivities begin. I’m jes’ sayin’.  Cough, cough.)

~
      December 15, 2019 3:09 PM MST

~
      December 15, 2019 5:08 PM MST

Farsi is the language spoken in Iran.
      December 15, 2019 9:03 AM MST