Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Even though you didn’t really want to, what made you get out of bed instead of sleeping in?

Even though you didn’t really want to, what made you get out of bed instead of sleeping in?

~

Posted - December 15, 2019

Responses

Sleeping in?
    haven't done that for decades, except for severe flu or serious accident
      December 15, 2019 4:15 AM MST

I did sleep in.  I'm trying to get back to a regular schedule for the next few weeks since I have a lot of catching up to do. All my concentration has been on my job until yesterday.  Now I'm working on my get up and go.  A good dose of antioxidant vitamins should do the trick.
      December 15, 2019 7:32 AM MST

I’m glad you have faith in vitamins; perhaps your track record with them is better than mine. I don’t find anything negative about them, it’s just that I am unsure as to whether or not they’re actually beneficial for me. It’s partially my own fault because I fail to take them on a regular basis, I often forget for days on end. Even when I did take them with regularity, I never noticed any tangible differences in my state of healthiness, so when I have bouts of failing to take them and never notice any deficiencies in my healthiness, it makes me wonder what the heck they’re actually supposed to be doing for me.

~
      December 15, 2019 7:53 AM MST

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/best-source-of-vitamins-your-plate-not-your-medicine-cabinet

If one eats a healthy diet of fresh whole foods then vitamin and mineral supplements are useless - and an expensive waste of money.
    One orange per day supplies one's needs for vitamins.

Some vitamins - such as A - are toxic or lethal in large quantities.
    The team of Scott of the Antarctic (except Scott himself) died of Vit A poisoning. They ran out of food and one by one ate the dogs that pulled their sleds. The dogs' livers were excessively rich in vit A.

In some countries, there are particular mineral deficits in the soils.
    For instance, there's no iodine anywhere in Australia; so, by law, iodine is added into table-salt and bread.

December 15, 2019 12:50 PM MST

Work.
      December 15, 2019 8:42 AM MST

I get up early every morning and check the obituaries and if I am not in it, then go back to bed.
      December 15, 2019 9:08 AM MST

I like to watch Face the Nation on Sunday mornings, so I wake up by 10 AM to catch it at 10:30 AM.
      December 15, 2019 10:19 AM MST