Discussion » Questions » Music » Some of the main playlists I have preset on the music app I listen to are the 1980s, 1970s, and 1960s, in that order of

Some of the main playlists I have preset on the music app I listen to are the 1980s, 1970s, and 1960s, in that order of

preference. I listen to many others, such as Motown, classic R&B, Top 40 oldies, easy listening oldies, classic rock, jazz, etc., but the three above are my primaries. 
  Recently, for a change of pace and to see if I was missing out on some good music, I selected 1990s. What a wasteland!  I think I enjoyed only one in ten songs offered there over the day’s time I listened!  Of course, I readily admit that I’m hopelessly stuck in the 1980s, and I’m not ashamed of it at all, not in the least bit. 

Q: What are some of your fave genres of music?

~

Posted - December 26, 2019

Responses

• Mine is mostly from the 80's going forward, with heaviest emphasis on 2000 till now.  EDM is my fave music but I tolerate a few other genres.  LOL!  The 70's only creep in via ABBA and ABBA can do no wrong.

Here's CHER doing ABBA!  We;re talkin' Pure Gay Gold here people! 

December 26, 2019 7:58 PM MST

Classic Rock, classical, jazz and a little New Wave. Very little post-80s, there were a few carry-overs - Scorpions did their best song in the 90s, the Wallflowers and Julian Lennon ditto. Clapton did Tears in Heaven in 1992, Aerosmith came up with I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing in 98 and I'm also partial to Savage Garden. It's not all garbage, just most of it.
      December 27, 2019 1:13 AM MST