Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Do you honestly believe you’re fooling anyone with that fake accent of yours?

Do you honestly believe you’re fooling anyone with that fake accent of yours?

~

Posted - December 29, 2019

Responses

It's funny you bring this up.
    I have found that most of us Americans tend to believe people with accents more than we do people who live in our country.
    Our next door neighbor might say they like, "Orange Vanilla Coke."  
    You have a stranger come to the same neighbor with an Australian or English accent and say, "I like Orange Vanilla Coke."

I will bet dollars to donuts that the neighbor buys the Orange Vanilla Coke from the person who has the accent. He won't pay heed of attention, or give a dollar, to the neighbor, whom he has known for years and trusts.

To answer your question, I do like accents but I don't like people on the street who think they can pull it off.  
    I am not easily fooled but rather easily amused.

December 29, 2019 1:51 PM MST

I have no accent at all as I'm from London  ,the capital of Blighty .. It's you lot over there that fink you talk proper Queens Engrish.... :( 
      December 29, 2019 2:38 PM MST

• Whud axint?
      December 29, 2019 5:10 PM MST

My lawyers have assured me that if you disguise your voice, it’s the same thing legally as assuming a fake identity, so I don’t have to pay you alimony any more. You’ll either have to find yourself another sucker to marry you or it’s happy poor house again!

~

December 29, 2019 5:29 PM MST

• Then I think we should just get married again and start having lots of babies.

But that's not a legal opinion...
      December 29, 2019 5:35 PM MST

Do you really believe I am the type of guy who can be enticed to go to bed with a beautiful, sexy, exciting woman, have sex with her continually, . . . wait, what am I talking about?  That’s exactly what I can be enticed into!  This is entrapment!

~

December 29, 2019 5:42 PM MST

• I know what I know 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 29, 2019 6:13 PM MST
      December 29, 2019 5:45 PM MST

Sigh. Are you going to want that next alimony payment in the form of a cashier’s check or a personal check?  Let’s get these babies made.

~
      December 29, 2019 6:01 PM MST

• I like cash, don't you ?
      December 29, 2019 6:12 PM MST

That’s probably not a good idea, it doesn’t seem legal. Checks give proof that I’ve paid. (I’ve been through this before.)

~
      December 29, 2019 6:24 PM MST

• Fighting over me is okay.

But haggling is just so ... cheap 
      December 29, 2019 6:32 PM MST

Huh?

~
      December 29, 2019 6:38 PM MST

Let stalk Strine and leave nose tone unturned. Strewth and stone the bl**dy crows, it's enough to make you chunder. Gimme a Vegemite samwich.

(Convinced yet?)
      December 30, 2019 12:37 AM MST