Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Explosion(s) in New York hurt 29 people. Don't know if it's foreign terrorists or domestic nutjobs who are to blame. There was also a pressure cooker left on the street. For another explosion?

Explosion(s) in New York hurt 29 people. Don't know if it's foreign terrorists or domestic nutjobs who are to blame. There was also a pressure cooker left on the street. For another explosion?

Pressure cookers are meant to prepare food for humans to eat...not blow them up. What an odd weapon to choose to use to abuse/hurt/kill. Isn't it?

Posted - September 18, 2016

Responses

• The Boston Marathon bombers used the same types of devices because they are easily built with materials readily available.

----
    October surprise
    In American political jargon, an October surprise is a news event deliberately created or timed (or sometimes occurring on its own) to influence the outcome of an election, particularly one for the U.S. presidency.
    ------

Who is the most likely to benefit from an "October Surprise"? Just askin'...

September 18, 2016 10:18 AM MDT

Could be foreign terrorist but I think it's more likely a domestic nutjob. But I don't think there nuts in an insane type of way - I think there perfectly same but full of hate. Thats the scary part to me because I know that sometimes you can talk some sense into a insane person but you can never talk any sense into a person that is full of hate. As far as a pressure cooker being a odd chose of weapons go's  I beg to differ. A peanut butter sandwich would be a odd chose of  weapon to abuse, hurt and kill people because it would only work on people with peanut allergies. But when a pressure cooker bomb goes off a tender pork roast doesn't fly out - things like nails and glass fly out and mess up anybody around it - then it ties up resources like police and medical people.  So to  a nutjob or terrorist it's a good chose of weapon thats not expensive to make. Cheers!

September 18, 2016 6:07 PM MDT

Depends on what the surprise is.
      September 18, 2016 8:21 PM MDT

The bombings in NY and NJ are now believed to have been the work of the Trump campaign.  Apparently Trump thought he could improve his standing in the polls for fabricating a terrorist attack and Law Enforcement is in the process of gathering evidence. 

September 18, 2016 8:28 PM MDT

The Trump campaign is already under investigation.  

September 18, 2016 8:29 PM MDT

Oh geez GJ! Something else to worry about! October is just a hop/skip/jump/heartbeat away. I dunno m'dear. It isn't only the organized foreign terrorist groups we have to watch out for.  It's the independents who get fired up and fueled up and go out and perpetrate violent acts. How can one possibly know where the next attacks will be coming from? We can't be protected from anywhere/everywhere  24/7.  I know. If you see something say something.  Beyond that what can we do? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday. Here's a thought. Would  the most-likely-to-benefit-guy set something up? He seems to be capable of saying anything. Is he capable of doing anything? One wonders. Fingers crossed.   :)

September 19, 2016 3:16 AM MDT

I might be playing loose with this m'dear but I think everyone who hates is INSANE! Maybe not by clinical standards but by every other standard. They are all nutjobs,fruitcakes,crazy. Since I'm a FOODIE Nanoose I resent anyone using a cookware item to kill people. It is detestable to me . Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee! :)

September 19, 2016 3:18 AM MDT

This is too weird CSV. I am going to ask a question about that very thing. You are serious, right? Well when I'm finished with this thread I'm going to ask that question. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)

September 19, 2016 3:20 AM MDT

That doesn't surprise me CSV after I read your reply elsewhere. I just asked the question I had planned to ask before I read your reply on this thread. Geez. How disgraceful/disgusting/disappointing. :(

September 19, 2016 3:29 AM MDT

What do you think about this allegation m2c? That the Trump campaign was behind the bombing and is being investigated. I was going to ask a question about that possibility before I read CSV's reply.  I asked it. What happens if Trump and his  minions can be proven to have planned and executed it? Beyond a shadow of a doubt? Will he still be your guy! Why?

September 19, 2016 3:49 AM MDT

• I don't think the "Glorious leader of the disenfranchised" would orchestrate such a despicable act, but from all the comments and posts I've seen on the internet, It's not a stretch to believe that someone on the choo-choo would do something like this.

September 19, 2016 9:45 AM MDT

The suspect in the NJ / NY bombings is in Custody as of 11:00 AM.

September 19, 2016 10:00 AM MDT

It's a little early to be sniffing glue isn't it ???

September 19, 2016 10:01 AM MDT

No, it isn't odd, it's practical.
      September 19, 2016 10:04 AM MDT

• lol! SEE?! I told you! 

September 19, 2016 10:06 AM MDT

• Dude! JINX!

I said the same thing. It must be true 

lol

September 19, 2016 10:07 AM MDT

Read the news. In fact, catch up on that last 10 years of news. Pressure cookers have been used before for improvised explosives, with cell phones used as triggers. The Obama administration has been looking for some angry white bubba to blame for such attacks, just as he was for the Boston Marathon bombings, but he is yet to have such a case happen in his administration. 

Simultaneous bombings, and even simultaneous suicide bombings like at Gençlik Park in Turkey, are a mode in which terrorists carry out their acts. The Boston Marathon bombing, not so coincidentally, involved two bombings from two improvised pressure cookers.

There is no publicly known perpetrator at this time, but based on eyewitness accounts and surveillance video, there is a suspect. The suspect is named and still at large.

September 19, 2016 10:25 AM MDT

• The Obama administration has been looking for some angry white bubba to blame for such attacks

Really? Obama is doing that? I don't believe that.

How about you post a link from someone other than Alex Jones or Breitbart.

September 19, 2016 10:32 AM MDT

• Listen, it is odd. It is just odd. Really odd. (Humor her).

September 19, 2016 10:47 AM MDT

Oh  behalf of Donald der fuhrer his lemmings are capable of doing anything. In fact I'm surprised they haven't tried yet.  He has suggested violence against Hillary TWICE so far. He is despicable and that one of his best attributes. Thank you for your reply GJ and Happy Tuesday! :).

September 20, 2016 2:28 AM MDT

I am not surprised at all by these events. I am actually surprised there had not been any in this country in august. I felt an uneasy silence. Thank God for no major events during the Olympics!

September 21, 2016 3:28 PM MDT

Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Yes. I feel a heavy presence too Autumn. I hope it is unwarranted. Thank you for your reply and Happy First Day of Autumn 2016 Thursday! :)

September 22, 2016 5:31 AM MDT

i heard about that and my sister lives in ny too

September 25, 2016 8:26 PM MDT