Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » When you’re scheduled for a medical appointment and know ahead of time that you’ll be providing a urine sample, do you drink water at least

When you’re scheduled for a medical appointment and know ahead of time that you’ll be providing a urine sample, do you drink water at least

30 minutes prior to ensure that you have something in the tank?
~

Posted - January 7, 2020

Responses

I am always drinking something.  I don't need to worry about the dreaded 30-minute wait I have to sit and hold whatever it is I have in my tank.
    ;) :)
      January 7, 2020 11:04 AM MST

The interesting part of my answer has to do with what I had to do when Pot was illegal.

I had to bring in other people's pee and use that.   I had my mom pee, a friend I worked with, anyone who didn't smoke.  Then, I had to make sure it was warm in case they monitored that.  So I had to bring hot water in  a container in my purse and then put the baggie with urine in it in the hot water.

Don't tell me what to do.  
      January 7, 2020 11:17 AM MST

Your mom was good with that?  Awesome!
    I used to smoke, years ago and it is legal now.  But, I still have a friend who is in a custody battle over their child.  He is definitely the better of the two biological parents.  In California, the mother is normally granted this option.  She is NOT a good mother.  She is working the system.  
    I'm getting Freaking Pissed Off just writing about this. I would YELL as loudly as I could as why these people even reproduced to begin with and why this beautiful girl is stuck between these two totally incompetent people.....
    DONE.
    The urine he can produce is CLEAN.  But... with pot being an O.k. thing, he still has it in his blood.  
    It gives her the upper hand.
    The system knows this ploy.  We can't help him.
    It really sucks.
      January 7, 2020 11:43 AM MST

Ha ha! :D
    Amazing!
    Surely, the diagnosis you need is useless if it isn't your own pee.
    Better to abstain from the weed for 8 days.
      January 7, 2020 4:49 PM MST

This is the way I had to live for well, since 1983 until about six years ago.  I lived like a junkie.  And I KNEW I was not.  Nothing close. If I were a doper, I would simply find a legal way to get pills into me and not have to endure the life I lived.  I had to cover smoke.  You have no idea the energy I had to expend.  And there was no way I could function happily without this medicine.  It was not a drug. It was a nerve medicine that nothing else would come close in comparison.  I felt like when I smoked, I returned from hell to normal and there was nothing I would not do to ensure I had a normal life.  I could not even be around people without it.  And not because I needed a drug. It was because I could not endure the inner turmoil and anxiety I had to face.  It was so irritating.  And then they legalized it.  And then everyone came out of the woodwork.  Old people are bigger customers than the young.  It is astounding to find out that I was not a criminal and I need to trust MY instincts.

After 50 years of taking this product I have had NOT one side effect.  Doctors do not even know I once smoked, and I was a daily smoker.  What is up with that?  So, it is a good medicine.  For me.  And thank GOD I don't have to smoke it any longer.   Sweet Science makes a capsule that is far better than any straight plant effect.  And it lasts. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 7, 2020 5:01 PM MST
      January 7, 2020 4:55 PM MST

• Yes, I do that. I like to be adequately prepared. Although one time I went to an appointment expecting them to request a urine sample, so I had had a good amount of water beforehand, but it turned out they didn't need one, so I just ended up having to go really badly during the exam. -_-
      January 7, 2020 11:22 AM MST

I am sure you know it is bad for your bladder and your body holding waste.
    I am hoping you were able to relieve yourself quickly after your exam.
    Please excuse me.  I have to go to the bathroom.
    Is that personal?
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at January 7, 2020 11:37 AM MST
      January 7, 2020 11:32 AM MST

• Yes, I know and I have often been lazy about it, especially when playing video games or wasting time online (I need to listen to my body more). But that time I was able to go immediately after the exam. 
      January 7, 2020 11:37 AM MST

The best thing about your body, good or bad, is it will and does tell you what it needs to exist happily.
    It's good to hear you did help it function properly.
    I know it's none of my business but I would still like to say, I hope your examination came out with flying colors.
    Have a great day. 
    :) :)
      January 7, 2020 11:50 AM MST

I get tested annually. I do drink shortly before a test. I guess they just can't believe I am not on drugs. 
      January 7, 2020 1:51 PM MST