Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What WOMAN ever bullied you? Aren't bullies usually men?

What WOMAN ever bullied you? Aren't bullies usually men?

Posted - January 18, 2020

Responses

• Good question!  I don't remember being bullied by any females.  I do know there are female bullies .. probably more likely when they're young girls though.  Hopefully, when we mature, we stop that nonsense ... since it's mostly due to insecurity IMO.  
    When I was younger, there might have been a few males who tried to bully me.  That was mostly sexist crappola though.  Luckily, I was smart enough not to let them get by with it.

January 18, 2020 10:12 AM MST

Thank you for the implied "atta girl" Mrs. C! I appreciate it and your thougtful answer. I had a tough lady boss once upon a time but she mitigated the tough by being super sweet and thoughful A LOT. I just thought she was one of those who have high highs and low lows and it rarely ever got to me.:)
      January 18, 2020 10:42 AM MST

• Sadly, even mothers can bully their children.  Female teachers can bully students.  Female cops can abuse their authority just like males.  Etc.  Abuse or even neglect for that matter is not exclusive to any one gender.  If only it was present in none of them.  Even now my mind is going back to a very mean girl I knew in first grade.  She was rude and pushy and was obviously suffering from a host of her own problems which is usually the case with that kind.  I on the other hand was a rather sensitive lad and didn't take well to her mistreatment.  She on more than one occasion would grab my arm and squeeze so as to purposely dig her fingernails in until it broke the skin.  Eventually she was properly reprimanded for her unacceptable behavior.  I still remember she was forced by her parents to cut her nails.  THANK GOD!

I could site examples I've become privy too from things seen on the news or online.
    I could share stories of females I know personally
    who have been as ill behaved as some men we hear about.
    But I won't.

For the brevity of this post I'll just say that even today
    I still can't have a relationship with my mom.

Its not easy being on the receiving end of harsh words and cold emotions.
      January 18, 2020 10:13 AM MST

I'm sorry that your experiences have gone that route Twink. I hope the question didn't upset you. Thank you for your thoughtful answer and sharing your personal experiences with us. Those are the most helpful replies. Happy Saturday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 19, 2020 8:29 AM MST
      January 18, 2020 10:44 AM MST

• Not a problem at all Rosie. 

Questions such as these in forums like this are what what Q&A sites are all about. 
    Be well sweetie. Blessings to you and yours.
      January 18, 2020 10:49 AM MST

Thank you m'dear and right back to you too. You know what I find amazing Twink? Some folks can experience such hurtful things and somehow seem to not only survive them but become stronger for it. It's said that what doesn't break you makes you stronger but still I wonder what it is exactly that causes some to emerge intact while others are damaged permanently? I think I must needs ask. Happy Sunday honey! :) ((hugs))
      January 19, 2020 3:44 AM MST

When I was in preschool, my mother told them not to make me drink milk. One teacher decided to disregard that and held me in timeout while all the other children were playing and sat yelling at me that I was to finish every last drop. My mom arrived and saw me in tears and gave the woman an earful. They ended up firing her over it, but it had such a profound effect on me that I start pretending to be her. 
      January 18, 2020 10:19 AM MST

What does that mean exactly Ondine? You pretended to be your abuser? I cannot process that. Can you tell me why? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      January 18, 2020 10:46 AM MST

Yes, likely as a way to regain the power I felt I lost in that situation. It was my 3-year-old mind’s way of dealing with it. 
      January 18, 2020 10:51 AM MST

That seems to me to be an extremely PRECOCIOUS response. You dealt with it, survived it and found a way to get through it. All at such a young age. Amazing Ondine. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday. I'm going to ask a question about what it is exactly that causes some people to survive and become stronger and some to be damaged permanently. Here it comes. This post was edited by RosieG at January 19, 2020 8:30 AM MST
      January 19, 2020 3:46 AM MST

Men are usually bullies because they're physically stronger.  However, the mindset behind being a bully is equal between the genders.  Men also don't like to say they were bullied by a woman because it might make them look weak.  

I've been bullied by a woman.  I've also seen women bully other men.  The more we stive for equality between the swexes, the more female bullies arise.  
      January 18, 2020 10:20 AM MST

Huh. Okey dokey Shuhak. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 18, 2020 10:38 AM MST

Bullying is not limited to one gender. Both can be mean. 
    Women tend to be more emotionally mean than physically. But it is still bullying. 
      January 18, 2020 3:00 PM MST

When I think of being bullied m2c I always think of my sixth grade teacher..Miss Nyberg/burg. She was old then so she's gotta be dead now. I had skipped a few grades and for some reason she disliked me. Me. Extremely shy who wanted to be invisible more than anything! She would pointedly call on me and preface her words with "since you are so smart"! Can you imagine that? And she would mispronounce my name consistently. She would call me "miss O.......". I was 9 or 10. I heard tittering and saw smirking and there I was her target. I hope she is roasting in he**. Sorry but honestly she was a cruel bit**. Sigh. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 19, 2020 8:31 AM MST
      January 19, 2020 3:51 AM MST

Quite a few have tried over the years and more or less on a sliding scale.....Some Police women talk down to down to you and police men also for other reason...Mostly people's body language and their eyes give them away in an instant...
    I don't let anyone talk down to me ...if whoever is polite to me I'm am polite to....I don't tolerate fools or Idots easilly Rosie....
      January 19, 2020 4:34 AM MST

People have tried to bully YOU? C'mon D really? Well they are/were/always will be fools which you do not suffer. Me too. Thank you for your thoughtful reply! :)
      January 19, 2020 5:11 AM MST

I thought you were really short. I guess I would have to sit down to talk to you. I can't imagine anyone would bully sweet little you because you are so cute.
      January 19, 2020 8:33 AM MST

I'm five feet two and a very important bit  ,which is very Andy if I ave two run away in chase thing get too nasty...:) 
      January 19, 2020 11:03 AM MST

Re: ".I don't tolerate fools or Idots easilly"

I thank you for making the effort to put up with me....

January 19, 2020 9:45 AM MST

:):):)
      January 19, 2020 11:16 AM MST

It don't trouble me at all that you are a fool and you trying your best to crack funnies with jest....then raising a laugh stops you feeling to daft .but don't go to the Maul  ( Mall). "Yank "   when acting the fool...  :) 
      January 19, 2020 11:24 AM MST

My first wife. Just one more reason on a long list of them I got rid of her.
      January 19, 2020 8:35 AM MST

You never went to Catholic grade school I see.

January 19, 2020 8:35 AM MST

Not Catholic Sharon. Armenian Apostolic church which is rather like Greek Orthodox for those who know what I mean. Subsequently we attended the local Presbyterian church was closer to home. So I know NOT of the terror nuns bathed their charges in or on or with. Rulers were standard on knuckles? An experience I am very thrilled to have missed. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at January 19, 2020 11:05 AM MST
      January 19, 2020 8:41 AM MST