Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you have a reoccurring dream? What is it?

Do you have a reoccurring dream? What is it?

I cannot believe after being out of high school for decades now, I will still occasionally dream that I am running late for class, can't get my locker open, can't remember my school schedule, or even where a certain classroom is located.

Do you have a similar type dream or nightmare that has occurred more than once?

Posted - September 19, 2016

Responses

No.  Most of the time I don't remember my dreans! lol

September 19, 2016 3:31 PM MDT

I'm weird with dreams.  I have always been a very vivid dreamer.  At least most of them are just annoying like the one I described, but I used to have very frightening dreams when I was younger.  

September 19, 2016 3:33 PM MDT

• I keep failing exams in subjects I've never taken, and I'm terrified to show the results to my parents.
    This is strange as I've never failed an exam, and I've never hidden anything, even my most private life, from my parents.
      September 19, 2016 3:35 PM MDT

• I have similar recurring dreams related to travel. Forgetting my hotel room number, missing checkout time, losing my luggage, missing a flight. Needless to say, I'm a high anxiety traveler and rarely get on planes. 

September 19, 2016 3:35 PM MDT

They say our dreams reflect something deep down inside.  

I think my high school frustration dream is kind of typical of me of being afraid to be late for something.  It's just weird I can't seem to leave THAT place.

September 19, 2016 3:41 PM MDT

Yes!  I also have dreams like this related to travel.  I too don't get on a plane that often in my real life, but I sure am frantically running through more than a few airports in my sleep!

September 19, 2016 3:43 PM MDT

flying dreams a lot.

not in a plane but just taking off and flying

September 19, 2016 4:50 PM MDT

They say that is very common.  In my case, I am flying in an airplane.  I had airplane dreams even in the days before I ever flew.  

September 19, 2016 5:00 PM MDT

I don't have recurring dreams much anymore, but when I was younger I had flying dreams all the time. LOVED 'em!

(I've had a few of those 'late to class' dreams, too. :-))

September 19, 2016 6:07 PM MDT

You have airplanes in your dreams?  In mine I can fly much like swimming.

September 19, 2016 6:08 PM MDT

I swim a lot in my dreams, now that you mention it.  

September 19, 2016 6:44 PM MDT

The flying dreams are fine with me.  Just get me out of that darn high school of mine.  I hated it then and still hate it now, no thanks to the dreams that won't go away.

September 19, 2016 6:45 PM MDT

i do ! .. me too, several times i been dreamin of being back at school... it seems it is tellin me that ive been sufferin a lot for a long time , and in a sense my mind miss bein able to connect with people ... i dream as if i 'appear' back inside the school, i see former students still there , etc..

i dont remember but it seems i often see the same place/events many times in my dreams... a few times its been about a sort of submarine crew who sail the atlantic ... others time i kept seein that same unexisting 'location' , in my dreams .. it seems
    like a secret shop/mall/place ..

theres probably lot more i dont recall
      September 19, 2016 6:55 PM MDT

Ever few months I have a bad dream about being lost in a big city with no money or proper bus fair - the dreams are always a little different but always the same theme. Cheers!
      September 19, 2016 7:20 PM MDT

i cant even remember my dreams, not sure why

September 24, 2016 8:58 PM MDT

I have several recurring dream themes, some of which I have had for years.  

September 24, 2016 10:15 PM MDT