Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What was the last appliance you had to replace in your home?

What was the last appliance you had to replace in your home?

I have to buy a new washing machine tonight because mine won’t drain or spin anymore. I’d rather shove toothpicks in my eyeballs than have to go to a laundry mat this weekend. I NEED TO WASH MY CLOTHES! 

Posted - January 23, 2020

Responses

Dryer.
    Laundry mat is the worst. 
    Hope you get a good deal on your washer. 
      January 23, 2020 5:46 AM MST

• I don’t even really care if I get a deal. I just want to be able to get it delivered this weekend. I had to take mine apart about a month ago Cos it was doing this before so I watched a YouTube video how to do it. It took me about 5 hours Cos I had to take it apart from the back and I kept screwing it up and have to redo it. I’m so annoyed, I’m just going to buy one of those olden days washers That load at the top  Cos these front loaders are bullshizzat. 

January 23, 2020 6:25 AM MST

Front loaders are junk. 
    I want a Whirlpool Cabrio for my next washer. Really big tub and does the job. My parents have one it is great.
    Good on you trying fix yourself. I would not even try. :) This post was edited by my2cents at January 25, 2020 6:00 AM MST
      January 23, 2020 6:36 AM MST

• meh, if I hadn‘t invested all that time trying to fix it I wouldn’t have been so annoyed when it broke again lol. I have my new one being delivered today! Yay! 
      January 25, 2020 6:02 AM MST

:) No laundry mat. 
      January 25, 2020 7:31 AM MST

• Oooooo.  I hate going to the Laundromat!  
    We had to replace our dishwasher.  We had to actually wash dishes by hand for a week!  That was a pain ... because we're so spoiled!!
    Good luck with your washer!
      January 23, 2020 5:54 AM MST

• Lol thanks:) I’m one of those weirdos who like doing dishes by hand. 

The sandwich-maker. 

~
      January 23, 2020 6:05 AM MST

• I’m calling the police. 

Why?  Are they going to send an officer to make sandwiches for me?

~
      January 23, 2020 9:16 PM MST

• I’m calling the psychiatric ward.  
      January 25, 2020 6:02 AM MST

I’m ready for that also. I believe I’ll take a pastrami on cracked wheat with provolone and black olives, have her go easy on the honey mustard, Honey. 

~
      January 25, 2020 6:38 AM MST

• I was going to say next “I’m calling an assassin.” but we both know where that will lead...

January 25, 2020 6:45 AM MST

Nice try. Fast-forward:

she arrives, I seduce her, she falls for me, after one night in bed with me she tears up her contract with you and turns state’s evidence, after the trial, you’re found guilty and go away for a long time.  She pockets your money and buys me an upgraded tilde vault, you lose your freedom, and worst of all, she ends up with me instead of you and I being together.    

Sweetie, Sweetie, Sweetie, think this through; why throw your life away on such silly and useless endeavors?  You know you don’t want me dead!  How boring will your life become with me six feet under and you in a five-by-ten cell for twenty to life?  Now drop this crazy-talk, get there to thine kitchen and whip a platter of mustard sandwiches!

~
      January 25, 2020 7:17 AM MST

We didn't have to replace it, but we got a new fridge when we had the kitchen re-built.
      January 23, 2020 8:19 AM MST

• That’s a good feeling buying Cos you want to rather than have to. 
      January 25, 2020 6:03 AM MST

The old one wouldn't hold enough beer.
      January 25, 2020 8:05 AM MST

I renovated my kitchen about ten years ago and replaced all the appliances then.  I am having some trouble with my stove and may have to replace that before too long.
      January 23, 2020 8:20 AM MST

• Hopefully don’t have to replace them all at the same time :)
      January 25, 2020 6:03 AM MST

You know you can afford it; you’re filthy rich. 
    ~
      January 25, 2020 6:40 AM MST

• All that alimony “cha-Ching“ ;) 
      January 25, 2020 6:47 AM MST

Wait, someone is paying you alimony?  Were you cheating on me with some slacker deadbeat?  Why haven’t you ever told me about this guy bef?   I thought I was your first and only!  Grrrrrrrr. 

January 25, 2020 7:23 AM MST

I'm not even sure I have to replace the stove - it may be the gas line.  I have to get my super up here to take a look.  No point in running out to buy a new stove only to find it's something else.
      January 25, 2020 8:51 AM MST

Washing-machine. It had been given to me by sister, around the time I was setting up my own home. 

The seal on its pump had failed, flooding the pump motor. Rather than investigating having it repaired her husband only went and bought a new one! It cost me just £25 for a new pump and about an hour's work to fit it.

The machine had a hard life with their family of five, but with only me it gave faithful service for getting on for 20 years, then developed leaks. Investigating proved widespread corrosion, and it was not really worth repairing. I bought a new one, not from a chain shop like Curry's but from a local independent dealer from whom I'd bought other appliances; and who took the old one away, too.
      January 23, 2020 11:01 AM MST